• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

So, what happens next if...........

ChrisWickens

Sorry to add another thread about the major issue concerning Exeweb but if Tis does walk, potentially with Tagg and Perryman, what happens next? Who would be able to take over the reins and install some confidence within the footballing side, the Club and the supporters?

The minimum requirement is for ECFC to stay in the Football League. Is a clear-out the best way forward? Would we not be better off at getting the BOS to pressurise the Club Board to set minimum standards on the manager regarding performances on the pitch?

I think I know what some of the responses will be, but seriously "what happens next if....?"

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry to add another thread about the major issue concerning Exeweb but if Tis does walk, potentially with Tagg and Perryman, what happens next? Who would be able to take over the reins and install some confidence within the footballing side, the Club and the supporters?

The minimum requirement is for ECFC to stay in the Football League. Is a clear-out the best way forward? Would we not be better off at getting the BOS to pressurise the Club Board to set minimum standards on the manager regarding performances on the pitch?

I think I know what some of the responses will be, but seriously "what happens next if....?"
You get a new manager in.... there are 100's out there just waiting for an opportunity. You employ a CEO to run the club and if necessary look to people who have been with the club for over 30 years to fill in the gaps while you make the transition. The current setup relies on the fear exhibited in this post to maintain control...

Fareham Grecian

You get a new manager in.... there are 100's out there just waiting for an opportunity. You employ a CEO to run the club and if necessary look to people who have been with the club for over 30 years to fill in the gaps while you make the transition. The current setup relies on the fear exhibited in this post to maintain control...
Seems to me the fear is entirely justified. I know we have, erm, challenges currently but things could still be a lot worse: like they were when you were involved with the club, we teetered perpetually on the edge of going bust, and Noel Blake was the manager.

That is not an argument against change by the way, just a reality check on what seems to be a growing 'anything is better than this' mentality.

tonykellowfan

FG, if your argument against taking action is that "things could still be a lot worse" then you will never ever take action, since that statement will always be true, things could always be worse.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
If Tisdale stays(which he probably will) I would hope it's because his performance is deemed to be worth his salary, rather than a worry that change might not improve things.

I think we are in an unusual position of not having got rid of a manager in well over a decade since the trust took ownership of the club. Even if the feeling isn't universal, it's hardly surprising that fans are unhappy with the manager when results are poor. That would be the case at any club, it's just that anywhere else Tisdale probably wouldn't still be in the same job, rightly or wrongly.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Seems to me the fear is entirely justified. I know we have, erm, challenges currently but things could still be a lot worse: like they were when you were involved with the club, we teetered perpetually on the edge of going bust, and Noel Blake was the manager.

That is not an argument against change by the way, just a reality check on what seems to be a growing 'anything is better than this' mentality.
What patent nonsense! Have you never ever thought they could be a lot better?

manc grecian

You know when we kept going to the pfa to pay the players wages? Was that not teetering on going bust?

Fareham Grecian

FG, if your argument against taking action is that "things could still be a lot worse" then you will never ever take action, since that statement will always be true, things could always be worse.
Read my second paragraph.

Fareham Grecian

What patent nonsense! Have you never ever thought they could be a lot better?
Of course. All I am saying is that however desperate we feel we should tread carefully and be very sure we are doing the right thing.

Fareham Grecian

You know when we kept going to the pfa to pay the players wages? Was that not teetering on going bust?
We didn't 'keep' going, we went twice didn't we? Most other clubs would cover that by overdraft but we don't have that luxury.