• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gashead In Peace

Gas Go Marching In

I already put money on you at the start of the season.

40/1 for the league. I've bet that each way.

Also I've bet you on the handicap market where you get a 20 point head start.

Good luck for the season. As for us...I think we will finish just either just inside or more likely just outside the playoffs. We haven't got much money to spend as trying to get this new stadium has ****ed us over financially. We have a brilliant manager though and excellent team spirit which will take us a long way. We just need that extra but of quality.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
We just need that extra but of quality.
If that's the case, you should have signed Trevor Sinclair.......

Fareham Grecian

I already put money on you at the start of the season.

40/1 for the league. I've bet that each way.
I'm always a natural pessimist about City's chances, but I've had a few quid on that too. I actually think we will finish around 5th or 6th, but 40-1 for the title was far too generous. Even after just one game, you can't get more than 33-1 anywhere now.

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just wanted to say I think you are the dark horses of the division. I rate Tisdale as a manager and he has done well for you on a small budget. Now you have more money this year following the sale of Grimes, I think you can really surprise. You seem to have a good up and coming young striker in Tom Nichols? Ryan Harley was fantastic at this level last time he was with you. You kept hold of Riberio. Hoskins if and its a big if he stays fit is a fantastic signing at this level. Oljenik is a top keeper at this level. Don't know much about Wheeler but hearing good things about him?

How confident are you this season?
Hi Gas
I'm more confident than I have been for years. Our division has a lot of dross, and although not good enough, we were not far off last season. It is undeniable that we have strengthened our squad, and now have good depth, barring injuries, but injuries are inevitable and affect all teams, so not unduly worried. We scored plenty of goals last season, but let in a lot as well, but with a new keeper and a new defender who (early days) appears to be settling in well, things at the back have improved greatly. We need to hang onto Nichols in January..........best of luck to Rovers (as long as you stay below us !)

Grecian2K

Avenging P

Adding to your comments
With Bobby O* between the sticks, a move (so far) so stunning that even our PateUSA has been temporarily silenced.

Plus the news that JM-T* is likely soon to be fit (and, hopefully) fully repaired to cement his place in the back four will add even more reinforced concrete to our back four is great news. (Along with Troy v2.0*)

And with SRH* already shining in midfield, like the 'love of our lives' we saw first time round.

Plus Mr Exeweb's No 31* seeming to be hitting the ground running (and the net, sweetly) for a full 90 mins at last.

The future can, surely, only be bright and RED AND WHITE!!!!

Though, ECFC being ECFC, that means relegation surely beckons. :(

*PS Apologies for the acronyms - don't want to disclose too many secrets to our rivals at this early stage ;)

Devon_Lad

Just wanted to say I think you are the dark horses of the division. I rate Tisdale as a manager and he has done well for you on a small budget. Now you have more money this year following the sale of Grimes, I think you can really surprise. You seem to have a good up and coming young striker in Tom Nichols? Ryan Harley was fantastic at this level last time he was with you. You kept hold of Riberio. Hoskins if and its a big if he stays fit is a fantastic signing at this level. Oljenik is a top keeper at this level. Don't know much about Wheeler but hearing good things about him?

How confident are you this season?

Why do you care? Are You the sort that signs up to a Morecambe forum on a Tuesday afternoon and enquires as to how much a cup of tea and programme will cost in the upcoming game?

geoffwp

Do you seriously want Tisdale out, by the way? Are you for real?
He isn't, real that is. richard is a computer generated image who holds a silly placard and doesn't know when to take it down. :)

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Geoff, I had assumed that this poster was a multi of yours. The manager has taken the first step on the road to improving his cup record and a good start to the home form(y)

If he can keep improving the areas that have previously been highlighted I will be delighted. Up the city.

Silver fox

League cup is tough for league two sides and I would prefer an unseeded draw however every season sides knock sides out from higher divisions regularly. On a previous thread I went back through our cup record under different managers and Tisdale was down amongst the worst in our history. Great win on Tuesday however so hopefully that will be a turning point.

My issues with Tisdale are mainly the cup and home form, and I think his attitude to matches doesn't help. He clearly isn't going to lose his job as things stand but I stand by my viewpoint. The good news is every game he is in charge he is able to try and prove me wrong, and if he can do that then I don't mind one bit.
Why do you care? Are You the sort that signs up to a Morecambe forum on a Tuesday afternoon and enquires as to how much a cup of tea and programme will cost in the upcoming game?
Forum etiquette, apologise Gas some are dumb.

Devon_Lad

Forum etiquette, apologise Gas some are dumb.
Etiquette? Dumb? He needs to get a life. Although the fact im drunk in the early hours of saturday morning and posting on Exeweb probably suggests the same about myself.

Never get why people come on here interested about our club. Go away, concentrate on your own.