• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ethan Ampadu

denzil

I'm assuming he's Kwame's boy? (No, this isn't a woosh, never heard of him before tonight!)
Yes, Kwame's son !

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Reading the EPPP rules,it is ironic but entirely unexpected that the greedy Premiership changes the rules so that it can swipe young players from smaller clubs.It then complains that those same youngsters don't get first team games - and so want to run youth/reserve teams in the very leagues that they've snatched these players from.

andrew p long

Yes, Kwame's son !
should be fairly easy to work out which Premiership club will be most interested...

Angus

It's annoying for us, but I'd never want to stand in the way of a lads dream, the only hope is he'd probably want to come back on loan.

Saint James

should be fairly easy to work out which Premiership club will be most interested...
Although they (Arsenal) very rarely seem to recruit from the UK preferring to look at other French and Spanish youth players.

geoffwp

Although they (Arsenal) very rarely seem to recruit from the UK preferring to look at other French and Spanish youth players.
Ah, the premiershyte. everything that is wrong with English football in a nutshell.

grecian55

Jack Sparkes is also being monitored by a number of bigger clubs
Sparkes and Ampadou were never going to sign contracts with City ,Kwame made sure he boy wouldn't, as an ex-pro he knew the score and i think Sparkes Dad realised the same ,being tied at a young age to Exeter would always result in a " Transfer fee "to get away and i'm afraid anyone with any savvy and hope for their siblings future would take the same stance ?,our loss again ,but no one to blame .

chunkymorrinmunter

Sparkes and Ampadou were never going to sign contracts with City ,Kwame made sure he boy wouldn't, as an ex-pro he knew the score and i think Sparkes Dad realised the same ,being tied at a young age to Exeter would always result in a " Transfer fee "to get away and i'm afraid anyone with any savvy and hope for their siblings future would take the same stance ?,our loss again ,but no one to blame .
let them go now then, let someone else nurture their talent,

let them go now then, let someone else nurture their talent,
I have to say that I agree entirely with chunkymorrinmunter if grecian55 is correct and we won't get any money for them when they do leave. Why should we i.e. ECFC waste time, money and resources training players who have no intention of either staying with the club when they become useful or even get to a point when we can get a ROI on them. Sounds harsh but it is a business and IF what has been said is true and they are neither going to play for us in the future or earn us money then EVERY second spent training them is wasted when it could be spent on players who in the future could be of a playing or financial benefit to us as well as blocking another players progress. I don't buy into this nice guy club bull which only allows us to get screwed over. Having said all of that surely the fact they are playing for us officially (i.e. they must be registered with us at least???) means that if they do leave then we should receive some sort of training fee surely?

GrecianWonder

I have to say that I agree entirely with chunkymorrinmunter if grecian55 is correct and we won't get any money for them when they do leave. Why should we i.e. ECFC waste time, money and resources training players who have no intention of either staying with the club when they become useful or even get to a point when we can get a ROI on them. Sounds harsh but it is a business and IF what has been said is true and they are neither going to play for us in the future or earn us money then EVERY second spent training them is wasted when it could be spent on players who in the future could be of a playing or financial benefit to us as well as blocking another players progress. I don't buy into this nice guy club bull which only allows us to get screwed over. Having said all of that surely the fact they are playing for us officially (i.e. they must be registered with us at least???) means that if they do leave then we should receive some sort of training fee surely?
How sad is this!? The whole point is we nurture these local lads. Many fall by the wayside and we don't stop for those. Also if they are here for even a year we will be entitled to money if they leave at anytime.