• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gow gone

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
The answer is simple but whether there is enough desire from enough people is another matter? The Trust has only one source of raising revenue namely subs from members. If the tap is turned off by 25% of the membership transferring their money to another body the Trust has no alternative but to listen and then act on reducing costs in the club. Other Trusts in similar positions such as York lost ownership due to running out of cash. The inertia concerns me as survival as a Trust run club requires proactive action before it is too late. Do I feel there are 25% of members who would do this - no.
Been thinking similar things, I am at the point where I want to cancel my two trust memberships but an email cancelling two memberships would go unnoticed, if there was a letter countersigned by a larger group of a few hundred cancelling at once, with what would have been subs paid into an alternative account (or even to the Supporters Club) then I would certainly back it.

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Because they are told not to rock the boat!
They do not blindly need to follow what a man in a suit tells them Shaz.

paperclip

I can't understand why you criticise Julian Tagg so much.
He worked full time for years for ECFC for nothing.
If it's correct that he is now being paid, then good luck to him, he deserves it!
Comedy gold!

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
They do not blindly need to follow what a man in a suit tells them Shaz.
No they don't but as we both know, they don't have much choice.

hatch4england

Bonkers.

As I said last summer the only way to get these people to take any notice is to stop funding them. You know now absolutely what the priority of the management is. Keep the management in place and cut the playing side. Again and again and again.

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
The way I see it, if with this independent funds, for those who have stopped donating or cut their subs, would like to then donate to the indepedent fund, then brilliant. For those who are looking to cancel subs then transfer that money to the independent funds brilliant. For those who still want to stay in the trust, but are more than happy to put money in the independent funds, then that is also brilliant. When the trust see funds are dwindling, then there should be enough to intervene and tell them to cut off field costs from the top and there is an option to use funds that we have raised, should they still need it.

If we can get enough people on side then it is feasible.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

The way I see it, if with this independent funds, for those who have stopped donating or cut their subs, would like to then donate to the indepedent fund, then brilliant. For those who are looking to cancel subs then transfer that money to the independent funds brilliant. For those who still want to stay in the trust, but are more than happy to put money in the independent funds, then that is also brilliant. When the trust see funds are dwindling, then there should be enough to intervene and tell them to cut off field costs from the top and there is an option to use funds that we have raised, should they still need it.

If we can get enough people on side then it is feasible.
Such a little word but.............. See post 303 above from St James.

STURTZ

I'm not going to dismiss Taggy's work over the years out of hand but one thing that did puzzle me was his announcement that he was handing over his CEO duties to Wolfie and concentrating on the football coaching side of things:)S), what exactly does he do each day and how much does he get for doing it?

I think we should know after all it's our trust money that's keeping him doing whatever he does.

Alistair20000

Bonkers.

As I said last summer the only way to get these people to take any notice is to stop funding them. You know now absolutely what the priority of the management is. Keep the management in place and cut the playing side. Again and again and again.
Members to stop funding the Trust or the Trust to stop funding the Club Hatch ?

Shabba

Well-known Exeweb poster
Such a little word but.............. See post 303 above from St James.
I seen it and I chose to ignore it, just using exeweb in way of getting the word across will not get enough people on board (sorry Lez), but there are plenty of ways to make sure as many people know about what is happening, then there's a chance you could get enough.

You have social media, SSD, media and the good old word of mouth.

The only thing I fear is, it could be too little to late, but I am more than happy to do what I can to try and make this work, should the Supporter's Club be able to help in principle.