• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gow gone

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Couldn't we have just not signed Gill?

Fareham Grecian

How ironic that we have to offload Gow as a cost saving measure on the eve of our game against another Trust-run club which will bring us our largest home attendance of the season. I'm guessing therefore that the recent loan from the Trust hardly made a dent in the clubs financial position.

I wouldn't want to be in Tisdales shoes tomorrow if we go one down having created very little (both of which are not unlikely).
Not sure why Tis is in the firing line? He has been stitched up by the frankly pathetic individuals who run the business side of the club, or use it as a way of lining their own pockets. Tis is just as much a victim as we supporters are.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Couldn't we have just not signed Gill?
We were short in centre mid.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
That's pretty much how I see it, FG.

Otter Grecian

Now I see. Well rae's idea is a good un, I fear it may be too late but worth seeing what we can build from it.

Independant Supporter's Association.
Anyone going to take on the mantle and set this up? Or will it just fizzle out again like most ideas on here...

paperclip

Not sure why Tis is in the firing line? He has been stitched up by the frankly pathetic individuals who run the business side of the club, or use it as a way of lining their own pockets. Tis is just as much a victim as we supporters are.
I don't disagree, however Tis is the public face of the club, ie he will be leaning against the advertising hoardings in front of the OG, whereas the directors I imagine will be keeping a low profile tomorrow.

Grecian_Jay

Yeah coz it's not Tisdale who is on £135k pa, it's not Tisdale who spunks any free cash on centre mids, it's not Tisdale who signs injury-prone crocks and wastes the budget, It's not Tisdale who chose a new pitch that is no better than the last, it's not Tisdale who lets players contracts wind down rather than sell them.

And most importantly it's not Tisdale who has constantly ****ed up tactically and made the experience of going to SJP he same as going to a funeral.

Nope he's just an all round good egg isn't he.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Someone tweeted this to the Gowser's brother......

"Wish your bro all the best at Rovers. Gutted he's gone. Nonsensical."

This was his reply......

"Thanks will do, it's a joke tbh but they wanted him gone so it's for the best!."

Says it all really.

Willy Nilly

As I see it, we are fecked. Relegation form. Dwindling crowds. No money. No leadership.

These are very worrying times.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Anyone going to take on the mantle and set this up? Or will it just fizzle out again like most ideas on here...
Could the supporters club hold the money?
As Chairman of same, I am sure we could do that. We have a committee meeting (and we only have one of those babies - which meets just once a month - for a maximum 1.5 hours usually) next Wednesday and it is something I would certainly be happy to put on the Agenda for discussion.
OG, it'll depend on Pete M and the Supporter's Club. If they're able to discuss the idea next week and agree in principle then I'm happy to start a new thread and look to gauging support. We need to do something and, to be honest, I can't think of another stick with which to prod the Trust into action. I'll also contact Pete M in the meantime ...

Last edited: