• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

I take it back - Bennett is actually good at nothing...

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
When Bennet was moved up front I think it was to add some height and strength to the attack, he is good in the air, but quite interesting that all 4 of his goals so far have come with his feet.
Yes, isn't it? I thought the same. He has scored a few cracking headed goals during his time in the team, but his ability with his feet has been a revelation recently. That's one valuable attribute if he can go on mixing it like that.

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

In a way, although he scored with his feet, the winning goal at Fleetwood was helped by his height. The Fleetwood defenders seemed totally befuddled by the fact the he could have stretched himself enough to have got onto the end of that ball and directed it into the net. Class.

crocks

In a way, although he scored with his feet, the winning goal at Fleetwood was helped by his height. The Fleetwood defenders seemed totally befuddled by the fact the he could have stretched himself enough to have got onto the end of that ball and directed it into the net. Class.
Nearly repeated the trick in the first half on Saturday.

Grecian_Jay

Keep it going Bennett. I still think he is a terrible player and shouldn't be anywhere near the team but if he wants to keep getting goals I'm more than happy with that.

Red Monster

Keep it going Bennett. I still think he is a terrible player and shouldn't be anywhere near the team but if he wants to keep getting goals I'm more than happy with that.
Not only did he score another well taken goal he played really well , not the sign of a terrible player.

Maybe he's the next Chris Sutton hey Jay?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not only did he score another well taken goal he played really well , not the sign of a terrible player.

As someone who's defended SB on these pages (I think I once suggested that he'd be sold for a big fee...though to be honest I wasn't thinking as a striker) yet said his passing as a midfielder was not up to scratch and that when he was off-form he needed a spell on the bench, what struck me on Saturday was how much more deft his touch and accurate his passing was as a front player. Of course there is less pressure on you as a striker as your mistakes don't often lead to goals against.

What I hope is that if he does get moved back into defence the experience of playing up front will be valuable in helping his positioning and timing of tackles, as he now knows more about the other side of the equation.

Grecian_Jay

His goal was mi**** but I'll let that one go RM. If you think he'll turn out to be like Chris Sutton then fair play to you but for me he will remain a poor player who is currently enjoying a decent spell.

Last edited:

Bed Taker

You will always be a terrible fan who has never hit any sort of form without any valid posts or justified opinion. Nothing more than a troll.

Last edited:

Grecian_Jay

You will always be a terrible fan who has never hit any sort of form without any valid posts or justified opinion. Nothing more than a troll.
Great contribution as always

Red Monster

His goal was mi**** but I'll let that one go RM. If you think he'll turn out to be like Chris Sutton then fair play to you but for me he will remain a poor player who is currently enjoying a decent spell.
Trouble is Jay your predictions and opinions have been well of the mark this season may be you should start going to a game.

How the hell can we be 3rd in the table when according to you Tisdale,Davis,Coles,Oakley are all S**** and Bennett is the worst player you've ever seen in a City shirt?