• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeweb Upgrades :- New Server, New Software, New Look

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm sure by the time this gets through being read, I'll be labelled a moaning person, but here goes anyway...

1. I cant see the need to have 'HOME', 'FORUMS', 'RULES' etc emblazened across the top in such high profile fashion. It appears (to me anyway) to be totally out of context with the general font layout, and needs to be scaled down by at least a third.

2. I'm not over the moon about the bright red thats been introduced in various areas, and think that Mr E's color choice of subtle red didnt need tampering with.

3. This would have been a good time to sort the exeweb logo out at the top of the opening pages. I'm assuming that the vacant black space to the right of the existing logo is ultimately for advertising space, but even then its time to change the way it reads, so that it makes sense to some of the dimmest people who might be looking for ECFC's unofficial site. Use the existing one if you want, but for me, there is a need to build the club name around that logo somewhere. Its not very understandable the way it stands as representing ECFC.

4. Seriously, here's my real concern: The lettering (I think the youngsters these days call it 'font') in the posts in general is not distinctly black, like our existing version. Its a dark very fuzzy grey, on top of a very light grey background, which makes it very difficult to read. Is the newly developed version going to be like that? If so, thats a retrograde step as far as I'm concerned. The most important aspect of the site, which is the readability of posts, needs to stay exactly the same as far as I'm concerned.

Dont get me wrong, I go back to the exeweb days of the all black EW background, with the huge white lettering, when the site was run by Steve himself, with Exeweb Tone, Obley, and Lister; and the advancements from those days has been awesome. All I'm asking is: dont get too carried away with all the 'techy' features that I coudnt care less about to the detriment of being able to basicly read the comments posted.

PS. One minimal thing I forgot above; cant we come up with another title for our main forum, other than TWOWS? It doesnt sound very glamorous to me. Wouldnt 'The Word at St James Park' be more apropriate, now that we have the only ground with that name?

Otherwise, very good! (Not wanting a brick through my window!) *-)

MickStagraget

Ah, Pate doesn't like it...who'd have guessed? ;)

Mackster

PS. One minimal thing I forgot above; cant we come up with another title for our main forum, other than TWOWS? It doesnt sound very glamorous to me. Wouldnt 'The Word at St James Park' be more apropriate, now that we have the only ground with that name?

Otherwise, very good! (Not wanting a brick through my window!) *-)
I would go with "The Word At The SJP" - TW*TS

Like the new look and glad that so much sh*te has been preserved for posterity and further embarrassment.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I would go with "The Word At The SJP" - TW*TS
Hey, Mackster...

How about, "The World According to the BoS"?

We'll have to set up a committee and sub-committees to discuss this and put forward a paper though...

May take some time...

;)

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Beat me to it, Mackster, I was thinking 'The Word At The Stadium' ... :)

PeteUSA

4. Seriously, here's my real concern: The lettering (I think the youngsters these days call it 'font') in the posts in general is not distinctly black, like our existing version. Its a dark very fuzzy grey, on top of a very light grey background, which makes it very difficult to read. Is the newly developed version going to be like that?
Okay, I did put forward a laundry list of objections, most of which I'm not bothered about. Moving with the times etc.......

I really would like a definitive answer on the point I raised above though. Is the message font really going to be as grey as the examples posted, or will it be clear definition black, as is the case at the moment? Thats all I care about.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pete, it's work in progress, and it's the weekend. Give the poor bloke a chance!!!

Swanaldo

Disappointing it doesn't detect drivel and ask "Do you really want to submit that?". Maybe with version 5?
I'm still waiting for a breathalyser.

LOG

I would welcome this addition.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
Yes and then Joey can come back :)

Tada