• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

If Tis and his team are that bad....

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Did he go backwards, or did his progression coincide with the teams rise, thus negating his improvements a little?

I don't know the answer - before I get the wrath, it's just a question I've pondered with our squad since the BSP days.
I think he was a better keeper when he arrived than he was when he left, he does appear to have now started progressing since he got out from under the Chokers Charter.

As it happens David James and Jim Montgomery agree with me.

dommers

I think he was a better keeper when he arrived than he was when he left, he does appear to have now started progressing since he got out from under the Chokers Charter.
So why did he choose to move to a conference side when surely a club in a higher league would be a better draw for an 18 year old championship quality keeper.

wemissmoxey

So why did he choose to move to a conference side when surely a club in a higher league would be a better draw for an 18 year old championship quality keeper.
Because he had worked with Inglethorpe at Orient and probably thought he would get some game time.

I guess.

Last edited:

DJH2005

No way, not having that. Jones was ok when he arrived, looked very, very raw, but his shot stopping looked very promising. As he developed his game grew better, while Ricey was the one who went backwards. (They were probably on a par when both started with us.)

Andy Marriot did a good job in making sure Jones kept his progression up.

As for Calamity and Monty? No idea what you're talking about.

dommers

Because he had worked with Inglethorpe at Orient and probably thought he would get some game time.

I guess.
I'd be surprised if an 18 year championship quality keeper would move to a conference club 200 miles from home, but you may be right.

wemissmoxey

I'd be surprised if an 18 year championship quality keeper would move to a conference club 200 miles from home, but you may be right.
Dommers,

At times, actually make that most of the time I wonder if you just on a weird wind up crusade.

Poultice

No way, not having that. Jones was ok when he arrived,
First thing he did was save a penalty then keep a clean sheet at Old Trafford, I'd call that a decent start.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster

As it happens David James and Jim Montgomery agree with me.
Really??? Are you being serious.

When he first arrived was very raw with plenty of potential. Was our most important player in the lge 2 promotion. Was very good in helping keep us up our first lge 1 season.

He steadily improved with the club as we went through the leagues.

Hes now with a championship side playing matches at that level and in general doing well. To say he was better when he first joined is a silly comment

Also your saying we signed a championship quality gk for next to nothing, leyton orient and many other clubs missed out there then didnt they

Last edited:

PeteUSA

Also your saying we signed a championship quality gk for next to nothing, leyton orient and many other clubs missed out there then didnt they
'Championship quality goalkeeper' my bell-end! He was seriously lacking in confidence, particularly on crosses into the area, and I dont think that changed, I dont know why he keeps being refered to as 'a good shot stopper' either. Isnt that the easiest part of a keepers role, particularly at the height Jonah was!

Antony Moxey

'Championship quality goalkeeper' my bell-end! He was seriously lacking in confidence, particularly on crosses into the area, and I dont think that changed, I dont know why he keeps being refered to as 'a good shot stopper' either. Isnt that the easiest part of a keepers role, particularly at the height Jonah was!
You are quite simply wrong on every level.