• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale - post match

Grecian1966

Could not believe what I was hearing!

'we were just as good first half as we were second half' .... 'it was a very decent performance first half' ... 'I told the players I was more than happy with their performance at halftime'.

Tisdale.
That interview (imo) was delivered to the players not the fans. We were not the audience but if Tiz loses the players now it's goodnight Vienna. It was a shocker of a performance with several players way under par and Troy and Tully imitating the U11's in quality. I think it's clear several aren't buying into whatever Tiz is doing.

Last edited:

dommers

So did I and I could hardly believe what I was hearing
So you didn't hear him say that we need to take our chances and ultimately it's about points.

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Its only a post-match interview. Tis has always been one for bravado over boat-rocking. He'll probably tell them all how sh*t they were for 70 minutes today behind closed doors, but is trying to keep them from imploding in a world of criticism - if you ask me, our team is a little fragile at times like this, but Tis is doing what he can to, in the public eye at least, defend how dismal they were.

older-codger

So you didn't hear him say that we need to take our chances and ultimately it's about points.
Well that's an insight isn't it!!! I always thought that the game was played for sweets and now he's telling me that it's about points (2 of which we lost) and that those points are gained by taking our chances!

I'm learning all the time :S

dommers

Its only a post-match interview. Tis has always been one for bravado over boat-rocking. He'll probably tell them all how sh*t they were for 70 minutes today behind closed doors, but is trying to keep them from imploding in a world of criticism - if you ask me, our team is a little fragile at times like this, but Tis is doing what he can to, in the public eye at least, defend how dismal they were.
And that is exactly the point yet most seem unable to realise it.

dommers

I'm learning all the time :S
It's never too late.

exesaddler

The bloke is a w*nker. If he is so f*cking happy he can give me back the 17 quid it cost to watch that sh*t.
So what were you expecting from...your £17 today? The game lived up to all that I thought it would given the current league positions and recent results from both teams. From a footballing perspective I was happy with my £21 worth but from a 'only happy when we win' point of view I can understand your discomfort.

You can of course knock (or in your case verbally abuse) my opinion but it does not matter. I like all , sorry most, crave the team to win but I still relish the game that we call football, always will, win or lose.

The footballing world would be a better place with a little more respect for our fine game but I know that is just a pipe dream.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
The bloke is a w*nker. If he is so f*cking happy he can give me back the 17 quid it cost to watch that sh*t.
IF you are the "true supporter" you purport to be you perhaps should have considered investing (as I do) in an 'early-bird' ST. You would, at least, be saving yourself a bit of 'pound-age' each week ;)

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
So what were you expecting from...your £17 today? The game lived up to all that I thought it would given the current league positions and recent results from both teams. From a footballing perspective I was happy with my £21 worth but from a 'only happy when we win' point of view I can understand your discomfort.

You can of course knock (or in your case verbally abuse) my opinion but it does not matter. I like all , sorry most, crave the team to win but I still relish the game that we call football, always will, win or lose.

The footballing world would be a better place with a little more respect for our fine game but I know that is just a pipe dream.
If you're happy with being served up sh*t every week that's your choice. I'm not.

dommers

If you're happy with being served up sh*t every week that's your choice. I'm not.
Just out of interest why do you bother attending? By now you should know how we play, which isn't going to change and clearly doesn't appeal to you and I'm sure your £17 could be better spent elsewhere.