• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United FC v Exeter City FC Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bauza played very well in the first half against Wycombe but did fade in the second. However he has a touch of class about most things he does (except penalties!) and I would certainly call him one of our better players.

Likewise when Nards is on form he is a very dangerous player.
And then all the fairies danced in the glades, and the princess kissed the toad..

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, looking on the bright side, we won't lose again this year. I'm off to give my rose-tinted specs a good polish before Monday ... [y]
And having a quick look at the League table shows we've lost the joint 3rd most games, have the 3rd worst goal difference and scored the least goals.

Happy New Year! [party] :D

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
And then all the fairies danced in the glades, and the princess kissed the toad..
Thanks, Mike, that cheered me up ... :D

Things can only get better, memoman ...

Last edited:

Phil Sayers

Do you care to provide a more constructive response?

What parts of my post do you disagree with and why?

Grecian2K

ah nearly 3pm nearly kickoff time any team news? !
Yep. He's playing Logie, Nards and Offline up front, with Taylor and Sheps as central defenders.

Bertie's also been recalled, to play in a flat (as a pancake) back four.

Hot on the heels of Thierry, Pate has been jetted in from the US of A as an emergency loan between the sticks to solve our goalkeeping crisis.

Sercs' guide dog has been called in for the first time this season to provide some midfield shooting guidance.

Marcus Stewart's on the bench (& Noble's on the pi$$)

I predict an emphatic 6-1 to City (Steve Flack hat-trick)

CatkinCUFC

Well we did warn you you'd have it easy due to our (semi) prolific goalscorers and carp defence didn't we? Sorry we couldn't make a game of it.
You did! Difference was a couple of tiny moments of quality in the final third compared with zero from exeter (it wasn't a game that will stay long in the memory).

elginCity

I'm off to give my rose-tinted specs a good polish before Monday ... [y]
That's what's needed, a good polish. Keep 'er
sweet.

IndoMike

Thanks, Mike, that cheered me up ... :D

Things can only get better, memoman ...
Couldn't help myself, Rae.. 'Ol Sayers piece sounded like something out of Jackanory

jase 07

Obviously I could be accused of bias but you won't see a more clear cut red. Defender was sold down the river by the keeper (passing to him when he had his back to goal, with a defender breathing down his neck, with no options to pass to) and he had to make the challenge to stop a near certain goal. Didn't complain about the red (except to his own keeper) but just trudged off.

Strange game - very little different to our match against stevenage but they could finish and you, well, can't.....Liam Sercombe should probably be in for extra shooting practice next week!
Cue Uncle Buck from the US of A to start yet another thread about our Goalkeeping inadequacies.

Banksy

Cue Tisdale's after match summing up telling us how well the team played and that we at least deserved a draw.