• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flags, Fire Safety Certificates & The Stanno Flag

Scotty

How about you charge a few quid for the honor of signing the shirt. Therefore you as signatory travel wherever it does.
I'd pay a fiver to sign it.
Ummm a good idea. This could also work with the white fabric I want it stitched to, meaning the sleeves can't get ripped...food for thought....

MickStagraget

It's a shame this didn't come about a bit sooner, a bucket collection at the Argyle game would probably have walked it.

Like the idea of signing it, could probably raise the money but would certainly take a bit of planning, for a start you need somewhere to lay out the fabric for people to put their mark on. Also agree about the backing sheet, the arms were already looking a bit vulnerable.

Rog H K

Scotty. I sell the flame retardant spray canisters in my shop.

Have any clubs asked what BS standards it needs to comply with? Can't see AA having anything different to what I sell?

It says 1 litre covers 100-120 sq ft
It is British Standards BS582 part 2(crib 5) for both natural fibres, mixed fibres and pure synthetetics such as polyester also passes BS5867 Part 2 on both natural and synthetics.

A couple of litres should do the job and I can provide you with a written reciept that states the BS above. £26 per Litre.A bit cheaper !!

Scotty

Sounds good Rog, awaiting some info from Jim Eastmemt and will come back to you.

Scotty

Scotty

Following a recent plea via various sources I’m very pleased to announce that the funding has been sought for the Fire proofing of the Stanno Flag.

It is once again that I thank our club sponsors Flybe for the financial support and assistance with this.

Flybe, as we know, originally financed the production of the flag and have again come up trumps.

I’m sure you’ll agree that there support towards Exeter City over the last few years has been second to none.

From me personally thank you, I wanted this to be a long standing tribute to Adam and they’ve enabled that to happen.

The Flag is currently en route to AA Flags for Fire proofing and will also return with a new backing fabric which protects the sleeves from ripping.

Once this work has been carried out we will obtain a Fire Safety Certificate enabling us to provide it on request at future away fixtures, where required.

Thanks again to Flybe & of course AA Flags.

Official site linky to follow shortly

Scotty

AndyB

That's great news!

Well done Scotty, and of course Flybe AGAIN.

ecfc girl

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes, well done Scotty, and Flybe!
This will definitely save your mum repairing the sleeves again, and it'll be great to see the flag at away games next season. Is he travelling to Norway?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Excellent. Well done Flybe.

And Scotty of course.

Last edited:

MickStagraget

Great news, I take my imaginary hat off to all involved.

zyderman

ooooohhhhhhhhhh sh*tarrrrrrrrrrrrrrr aaaarrrrrrrrr
Great work. Remarkably generous sponsors, nice one Flybe.

Get Stanno to as many games as possible next year! Looks great on the tv when the shirt is on screen.