• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

The 6 Nations beckon

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
England vs The Fishes, team looks better balanced than for a while but still lumbered with Donkey Borthwick for a skipper and Payne at loose head is liable to need his pilots licence, but all in all a decent chance of a winning start.

(Glances around as sagebrush tumbles silently by)

newburygrecian

I can't bleddy wait. There's a taff in my research group and he's scared of English backs - strange times indeed. Wish we were starting Gold after what he did to Payne in the Leicester-Wasps game the other week.

GrecianInWales

As a Welshman, I'm a mixture of interested and scared by England's back line. Either it's going to work very well indeed or it'll leave huge holes to exploit. Or both. I'd still fancy Wales in a more open, flowing game (but I would say that).

Still think the Irish will be the ones to beat.

newburygrecian

The French are always the ones to beat. It's just that they so often do a fine job of beating themselves.

For some added entertainment and banter, a few of us are having a go at this. It's not very 'realistic' but good for a laugh.

Poultice

Feck, Flood for Flutey, feck, Johno, feck.

newburygrecian

Quite. The last man we needed to lose.

Poultice

We were feckin rubbish, fortunately the Fishes were double feckin rubbish.

Donna

Ireland's win wasn't exactly a classic but hopefully the nerves have gone now and they can do better in the coming matches. Most of Italy's points were down to Irish errors!

Would have watched the England game but the pre-match stuff about Italy and shots of Rome before the Ireland game made me think about lovely Italian grub so had to pop out & get some pizza after the end of Final Score! :D

Naturally will be cheering on the Scots tomorrow afternoon.

Not a huge Rugby fan by any means but do like the 6 Nations competition. Massively tickled today by the words "Ulster Bank" being splattered all over Croke Park, by the way. Anyone else see the humour in that? ;)

Ian Sideman

Wish we were starting Gold after what he did to Payne in the Leicester-Wasps game the other week.
You mean Cole NG.

Good start wasn't it? Hopefully they'll grow from this. They still look like a side scared of defeat.

Antony Moxey

England vs The Fishes,
The Fishes? Who are 'The Fishes'?