• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Athletics ...

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well i am off for best part of 2 weeks from thursday morning, so this will probably be my last posting for a few days ...

Am off to the World Athletics in Berlin ... not hopeful of much British success but i have the flag just in case ..

Just hope i see something special from Bolt/Gay - saw 9.84 in the 1996 olympics- which now seems almost slow ...

Oh well - i guess we will see ...

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well i am off for best part of 2 weeks from thursday morning, so this will probably be my last posting for a few days ...

Am off to the World Athletics in Berlin ... not hopeful of much British success but i have the flag just in case ..

Just hope i see something special from Bolt/Gay - saw 9.84 in the 1996 olympics- which now seems almost slow ...

Oh well - i guess we will see ...
Green with envy. Have fun.

Joshyd123

Usain Bolt or Tyson Gay will run 9.75 or under..

International

Well-known Exeweb poster
I am heading over next Thursday, would be heading over earlier but work put paid to that.

The better half of an old running pal of mine is representing the US of A in the Marathon on the Sunday, and of course there is the chance to see a few top class finals over the last few days.

British medal hopes...

Lisa Dobriskey - 0.23 off an Olympic medal in Beijing, has had here share of injuries this year though.
Michael Rimmer - May be a surprise medal winner if he makes the final.
Jessica Ennis - Goes in as number one in the World this year
Christine 'I missed three drugs test' Onuruogu - will medal despite a number of injuries this year, it won't be gold.
Paula Radcliffe - IF she runs then she WILL get a medal.
Phillips Idowu - Will at least get a medal, has the ability to upset the favourite (Nelson Evora) to grab gold.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
It's crept up pretty much, suddenly the ads have started for this weekend.

I'm still off work next week, although going to be kept pretty busy throughout, but will try to watch as much as possible.

For me the best bits are the early rounds of events where they have the "Athletes" from Guam and Micronesia who end up being lapped in the 800m.

Northants Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's crept up pretty much, suddenly the ads have started for this weekend.

I'm still off work next week, although going to be kept pretty busy throughout, but will try to watch as much as possible.

For me the best bits are the early rounds of events where they have the "Athletes" from Guam and Micronesia who end up being lapped in the 800m.
dont be cruel ... I came 2nd in the micronesia 100m trial so missed out ...

Ian_Woodward

usain bolt, what a machine!

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Usain Bold baffles me. The fact he can run so fast without even giving 100%. Incredible.

LOG

It must be the drugs.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
That was quite unbelievable. Still looks like there may be more in the tank, and the Berlin track wasn't supposed to be "quick"!!!