• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morecambe away , somewhere to stay

Jimmydee

Hi
I am going up to the Morecambe game on the 22nd.
Hopefully staying up there, has anyone got any suggestions of where to stay in Morecambe.
Or would you stay in Blackpool.
I know from previous trips up there people have stayed(my first visit) so any useful
information would be great
Thanks

Red the Paper

Banned
Stay in Lancaster mate. (5 miles away but may as well be 5 million miles). Lancaster has better bars and has culture. The only culture Morecambe has is the culture growing on the pavement. Morecambe is the biggest drug infested sh*thouse in the UK. Avoid the West End (or West side) and do not frequent Maggies Bar. I have visited 3 x to attend Punk Festivals and will never go again. The sea front has seen better years and needs to be bulldozed. It is a very poor town.

Bridgwater is 100 x better

Last edited:

Jimmydee

Thanks for that RTP i think i will stay out of Morecambe except for the match!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you do decide to stay in Morecambe,The Broadway Hotel on the east part of the promenade is ok...i have stayed there a couple of times on previous visits..As RtP pointed out,the town centre has seen better days,but the front has had a bit of a revamp...There is a good bar & restaurant at the Broadway as well..

At the bottom end of the market The York Hotel,where the Grecians go,pre & post match, does B&B & has had a revamp,since the our first visit 5 years ago..very nice it looks as well..

Jimmydee

Many thanks for that Olds

Bri 'n' God3

Might be worth checking out the City Exec Club (??) as there was a rumour that they are running a coach tour up to Blackpool (picking up anywhere on the M5/M6), taking in the Morecombe match, staying in hotel Fri and Sat in Blackpool. Something like £79 inc B&B and travel. Sounds a great deal, wish I could go!

Someone else know more about this, don't think I've seen it on Exeweb, but I think they welcome enquiries...

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Think you've got the gist there, will dig around to see if I've got the info.

Jimmydee

Thanks for that chaps
UTC
Jim

Morecambe_Red

Stay in Lancaster mate. (5 miles away but may as well be 5 million miles). Lancaster has better bars and has culture. The only culture Morecambe has is the culture growing on the pavement. Morecambe is the biggest drug infested sh*thouse in the UK. Avoid the West End (or West side) and do not frequent Maggies Bar. I have visited 3 x to attend Punk Festivals and will never go again. The sea front has seen better years and needs to be bulldozed. It is a very poor town.

Bridgwater is 100 x better

you are talking out of your backside !

The sea front has had a lot of capital invested in the last couple of years including around £11,000,000 spent refurbishing the Midland Hotel. The West End is being changed and bulldozed in parts although it is not exactly likely to be visited by football fans.

There are plenty of good hotels but may be out of your price range ie The Strathmore , The Headway , The Lothersdale , The Broadway , The Midland where you can have a rooftop apartment with hot-tub. I have a feeling the punks wouldn't have felt at home in any of these hotels.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
There are plenty of good hotels but may be out of your price range
*t*sses red rag to bull*