• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

BURY - What a difference a year makes.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Only just over a year ago (when the knives were being still whetted for Tis & the team) we went to Gigg Lane as "plucky non league minnows" to tackle the mighty Bury. (I seem to recall at the time how certain wannabe Mancs were on here saying how the Bishop was gonna 'Bash' us...and were narrowly "robbed" 1-0

....fast forward to next Saturday when we meet again AS EQUALS & POTENTIAL PROMOTION RIVALS" :D

&, if he's on the bench, could "Bash" possibly bash their BISHOP!!!???

True but Bury were a poor team last year.... They are better this year and so are we.. so should be a great game...

ECFC JP

I dont know wether Bash can but i do hope so.

Red Devon

True but Bury were a poor team last year.... They are better this year and so are we.. so should be a great game...
Not when we played them they weren't....they were about 10th in the league then...the wheels fell off soon after we played them.

Jim Shepherd

Quite right Chris.

TBH last year's cup game should have been 0-0.

And that line up:
Jones
Rico, Seaborne, Taylor, Edwards,
Carlisle, Gill, Taylor, Moxey
Bash, Mackie

Subs: Marriott, Tully, Elam, Logie, Stans

Need to have a drink soon Jim, did not see you today?

Jim Shepherd

Need to have a drink soon Jim, did not see you today?
Was at work, watching Sky of course, cringing as Jeff Stelling made his obvious remark about Lisa being pleased her bro had scored again.

Will be oop north next week then an outside chance of SJP the week after followed by a Port Vale Barnet double header. See you at any of those?

To keep it slightly OT we went to Bury after a rather abject 2-2 draw at Histon, following a home mauling by NCsBA. We are in far better shape now.

rifraf

Living in Spain and surrounded by 2 HUGE Bury supporters as neighbours, I am flying back for next weekend's game at Gigg Lane - they are not. 0-1 City so far. In Spain, Bury fans are not too worried about ECFC next Saturday, because it is nowhere near Christmas/New Year - the time when Bury habitually blow-up and fizzle out

If we can stop Bishop (remember him at York City a thousand years ago in the Conference?) up front, and play as we have been of late, than we have a chance.

Hard work and focused determination needed. But hey ho, get three points next week, and more than a few will start to to look down the M5 to wonder what's creeping-up at them.

Fight, grit, determination and hard work. Leave the rest to destiny. Bury's Christmas is about to arrive early I think. Hopefully see you there.......... BELIEVE.

Grimsby Home next for me... Have not got the money for long trips at the moment.. especially as the 2 boys have become addicted and come to every home game now.

They still get the odd strange look though when they ask where the cheerleaders are and why dont we stand for the National Anthem in their american accents....lol

The British will be back in them soon!

Grecian Max

Going to be a good game I reckon. We've hit some real form in regards to scoring (we were already playing well...) so I'm positive.

4-3 to City...