• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 22/23

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's good. It is a very promising year group.
So, hopefully, in 5 seasons time we might have a first team getting promotion with at least 5 x academy players in ? Wow !
UTC

Christian

Its looking like a good year and will be interesting to see if the same across other academies as the previous years were impacted by Covid, and development across most academies up and down the country was stunted!

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Academy players paraded at half time. Going on a Scandinavian tour so there must be some money in the bank.

Andy Holloway

It's all that 50/50 money.

iscalad

It's all that 50/50 money.
Is that the thing I never win at?

Andy Holloway

Is that the thing I never win at?
You and me also, although the chap next to me tonight was only 4 tickets out.

Bridgy 81

With today’s announcements of two more new professionals joining the ranks of the first team squad, I make that now six, excluding Harry Lee and Sonny Cox.
Gabe mentions in his interview about being here for the next couple of years, so presumably they’re two year contracts?
The little bit of information I can glean about the six recent signings, four of them are midfielders and two are defenders.
But I suppose Harry and Sonny balance that out a bit.
This must be one of our most successful age groups ever, especially if there’s more to come.
It’d be brilliant if some of these lads can become the new Key, Sparkes, Hartridge, Kite or Collins in the next couple of years.

Rosencrantz

With today’s announcements of two more new professionals joining the ranks of the first team squad, I make that now six, excluding Harry Lee and Sonny Cox.
Gabe mentions in his interview about being here for the next couple of years, so presumably they’re two year contracts?
The little bit of information I can glean about the six recent signings, four of them are midfielders and two are defenders.
But I suppose Harry and Sonny balance that out a bit.
This must be one of our most successful age groups ever, especially if there’s more to come.
It’d be brilliant if some of these lads can become the new Key, Sparkes, Hartridge, Kite or Collins in the next couple of years.
Basically that is seven signed on as pro from the current u18 year group plus Max Edgecombe who is a year younger. It must be up there with the most amount of academy players signed from one year group. Not sure if any more are still to be announced, there are still some very decent prospects who we have yet to hear about.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Basically that is seven signed on as pro from the current u18 year group plus Max Edgecombe who is a year younger. It must be up there with the most amount of academy players signed from one year group. Not sure if any more are still to be announced, there are still some very decent prospects who we have yet to hear about.
I would think that Harrison King might have been offered a deal as of all the players out on loan (excluding Lee and Cox) he seems to have been the one playing the most regularly.

Christian

Yeah agreed, although there will be a couple of surprises. I think a recent match report might have given a clue!