• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 22/23

DawlishBouy

Game was actually played this morning - Wales won 2-1. I don't know if Alfie played. Another friendly against Israel in 2 days time in preparation for UEFA qualifying next month.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Game was actually played this morning - Wales won 2-1. I don't know if Alfie played. Another friendly against Israel in 2 days time in preparation for UEFA qualifying next month.
Here's the video of the game if anyone fancies checking out whether Alfie played 😮

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alfie Cunningham on the bench for Wales under 17's this evening.
game streamed on Israel FA YouTube channel. 2-1 win. Cunningham on as a 68th minute sub just after Wales equalise. Injury time winner.

(I think, - commentary not in English!)

DawlishBouy

Oxford United under 18’s who knocked City out of the FA Youth Cup beat Leeds United 3-0 this evening to go into the quarter finals.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Alfie Clarke starts for Wales this morning against Israel. 10am kick off GMT.

iscalad

I do believe it's on YouTube.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I was going to copy the link but the production is so awful that I thought it better not to waste people's time :)

andrew p long

It is/was. Alfie Cunningham starts in a side showing ten changes (obviously the reserves!) 3-1 win.

PS Alfie Cunningham the U17 not Alfie Clark (U18?) . It so easy to confuse those two!

DawlishBouy

It is/was. Alfie Cunningham starts in a side showing ten changes (obviously the reserves!) 3-1 win.

PS Alfie Cunningham the U17 not Alfie Clark (U18?) . It so easy to confuse those two!
Final score was 3-3 - https://dragonsoccer.co.uk/newsite/u17.php?id=349
Not really a first choice team and a reserve team. When Wales do these friendlies they utilise the whole squad and substitute almost every player. The players you refer to as the "reserves" won the first game when they came on as subs and the "first choice" XI threw away the win in the second game when they came on as subs.

budegrecian

Final score was 3-3 - https://dragonsoccer.co.uk/newsite/u17.php?id=349
Not really a first choice team and a reserve team. When Wales do these friendlies they utilise the whole squad and substitute almost every player. The players you refer to as the "reserves" won the first game when they came on as subs and the "first choice" XI threw away the win in the second game when they came on as subs.
Do you mean finishers & starters? ;)