• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2020/21

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry that is a major problem with our system - as IndoMike says "We discover them:they nick 'em". We get money in (e.g. 10% of what AV paid Brentford for Ollie) while the bigger clubs rake it in. The pittance we get goes on CROCKS !!!
Bit harsh on Crocks, he's been posting on Exeweb for a while and presumed he was too old to be playing football.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just to reconfirm, I was referring to the likes of Jay Stanfield, Ben, and probably Cox and Lee. I believe it is fair to say we discover 'em, they nick 'em and for peanuts
This is not a bad reflection on.the lads themselves, but more on clubs like Chelsea, who wouldn't even cough up a decent payment for a 17 ye old Welsh international who had garnered a load of praise. They took us minnows to arbitration, damn it. The system stinks.

Colesman Ballz

Apparently Harry Lee is on trial at Chelsea.
With a bit of luck Ethan can advise Harry on the pitfalls of signing for the to$$ers ! :)

andrew p long

Just to reconfirm, I was referring to the likes of Jay Stanfield, Ben, and probably Cox and Lee. I believe it is fair to say we discover 'em, they nick 'em and for peanuts
This is not a bad reflection on.the lads themselves, but more on clubs like Chelsea, who wouldn't even cough up a decent payment for a 17 ye old Welsh international who had garnered a load of praise. They took us minnows to arbitration, damn it. The system stinks.
It speaks volumes that Chelsea are already showing a profit - they have made more in loaning Ethan Ampadu out than they paid us for him.

Pobbop

What's happened to Louis Morison? He was one of the hyped ones before, haven't heard much from him lately.

Nigel E

What's happened to Louis Morison? He was one of the hyped ones before, haven't heard much from him lately.
I think the issue for Morison and others like Diabate and Lewis Wilson is that their loan clubs have had their seasons curtailed. They're not really ready for the first team, but not getting their usual education in mens football either. Could be a bit of an ongoing problem in terms of helping them graduate into the first team squad.

andrew p long

a victim of the lack of football for someone in his position. Now a pro, so too old for the U18s. Loaned out to a level which has since been suspended for the last few months. Still a way off City's first team with midfield players such as Taylor,Collins,Atangana, Kite and Dean all ahead of him. I am really hoping that, as with Diabate and Iseguan his progress hasn't been too impeded because of Covid suspension of leagues.

Rosencrantz

By all counts he was doing really well at Tiverton and scoring a few which didn't seem to be a major part of his game before.

STURTZ

A few of our promising youngsters have lost a year through this Covid lockdown on lower league sport. Credit to Matt Taylor though for keeping so many youngsters in or around the first team and giving them experience that way.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think there has been a few friendly U23 matches played, though we haven't seen any match reports.