• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2020/21

jimbo-gould

I'm sure he'd have a word with his teenage self if he could though.
And say what? Don't get injured?

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
And say what? Don't get injured?
How about. You could swap all those reserve games for first team football at somewhere like Brentford.

jimbo-gould

How about. You could swap all those reserve games for first team football at somewhere like Brentford.
That's the point I'm making, he didn't play that many reserve games due to being out for about a year with a broken back. before that he had been on preseason tour with the first team. He was young when that happened, typically the age that our players break through.

I do think a lot of players are better to stay rather than move, but in terms of Goss it looked like injury that hampered his progress more than anything.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's the point I'm making, he didn't play that many reserve games due to being out for about a year with a broken back. before that he had been on preseason tour with the first team. He was young when that happened, typically the age that our players break through.

I do think a lot of players are better to stay rather than move, but in terms of Goss it looked like injury that hampered his progress more than anything.
Goss started for Shrewsbury today. 20 games for them so far this season. Sounds like mid-table L1 is where he'll stay, unfortunately.

ryancooper327

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Same amount of goals he scored in his last u16 game 😉

denzil

Nonsense, utter nonsense, the money we have got over years has made us financially soluble, has enhanced our standing as a club, enhanced facilities and yes a bit of it has been wasted on crocks, which I'm pretty sure other clubs have done too, and we did before.

If you want to call what we got for Ollie a pittance, then quite frankly your views are somewhat, shall we say politely misguided.

If Cox or Lee go, and they go onto big things, we will get highly rewarded for add-ons, if they end up doing nowt, or going to Shrewsbury as it's known, then we've made something for nothing, like with Goss.

Again anyone that calls anything over a 100k for a Division 4 club in the midst of a pandemic, is really not worth listening to. Just because others can make more, does not mean we make nothing, it's like a farmer saying they are ripped off by selling to a supermarket because they will sell on at a profit, silly.
Sorry you're the one talking nonsense - I want these "gems" at least playing a season + in the first team and then moving on for money. I expect you really want a decent scoreboard!

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sorry you're the one talking nonsense - I want these "gems" at least playing a season + in the first team and then moving on for money.
That's what we all want including the club. What we and the club want though isn't always what we get or have much control of. All clubs lose talented schoolboys to bigger clubs. It's a system rigged towards the bigger clubs. All the club can do (and Taggy does) is try to get support from other EFL clubs to change the EPPP system.

In the meantime, throwing Watkins, Grimes, Storey, MJ etc out with the Goss, Stansfield, Ampadu, Chrisene bathwater is not the way forward no matter how frustrating it is. Although we might lose Cox and Lee for not as much cash as we would like, we can still gain from James, Billington, Clark, King, Preece, Beardmore and others.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Apparently Harry Lee is on trial at Chelsea.

rooecfc

Apparently Harry Lee is on trial at Chelsea.
confirmed by his instagram story