• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2020/21

raleighnc

See you in Blackburn Rovers reserves sooner than you think possible

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great for Sonny : peanuts for City.......when he leaves at the end of the season...
Never mind.... we're used to getting mugged, one way or another.
We discover 'em : they nick 'em.

denzil

Sorry that is a major problem with our system - as IndoMike says "We discover them:they nick 'em". We get money in (e.g. 10% of what AV paid Brentford for Ollie) while the bigger clubs rake it in. The pittance we get goes on CROCKS !!!

Pobbop

Sorry that is a major problem with our system - as IndoMike says "We discover them:they nick 'em". We get money in (e.g. 10% of what AV paid Brentford for Ollie) while the bigger clubs rake it in. The pittance we get goes on CROCKS !!!
Nonsense, utter nonsense, the money we have got over years has made us financially soluble, has enhanced our standing as a club, enhanced facilities and yes a bit of it has been wasted on crocks, which I'm pretty sure other clubs have done too, and we did before.

If you want to call what we got for Ollie a pittance, then quite frankly your views are somewhat, shall we say politely misguided.

If Cox or Lee go, and they go onto big things, we will get highly rewarded for add-ons, if they end up doing nowt, or going to Shrewsbury as it's known, then we've made something for nothing, like with Goss.

Again anyone that calls anything over a 100k for a Division 4 club in the midst of a pandemic, is really not worth listening to. Just because others can make more, does not mean we make nothing, it's like a farmer saying they are ripped off by selling to a supermarket because they will sell on at a profit, silly.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Let's face it the only reason we are upset that playerrs like Goss, Ampadu, Cox, Lee leaving is the fact that we never got to see them play a season for The City. Some things are more important than money.

Pobbop

Let's face it the only reason we are upset that playerrs like Goss, Ampadu, Cox, Lee leaving is the fact that we never got to see them play a season for The City. Some things are more important than money.
That is a better argument TBH, and one I agree with, would love to have some more decent memories of these playing in red and white, and with some of them any memories.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is a better argument TBH, and one I agree with, would love to have some more decent memories of these playing in red and white, and with some of them any memories.
Exactly this. As a fan, right now I haven't benefitted from the £6m generated by Ollie's sale. But I do have one of my favourite memories as a City fan because he scored a last minute winner against A****e. That to me is priceless.

My fan experience may well be enhanced some time in the future if that £6m is invested wisely but I'll only feel the benefit if our future Academy players makes a significant contribution to our first team a la Ollie, Archie, MJ etc.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
So long Sonny, just think, you could be the next Andy Taylor or Lee Martin!
.....or even Sean Goss.

jimbo-gould

.....or even Sean Goss.
He was pretty highly thought of at United I think before he had a run of bad injuries. Even then he managed to make the bench which is fairly impressive in itself, albeit with an injury crisis.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was pretty highly thought of at United I think before he had a run of bad injuries. Even then he managed to make the bench which is fairly impressive in itself, albeit with an injury crisis.
I'm sure he'd have a word with his teenage self if he could though.