• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2020/21

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
This was the first game in a new regional league, replacing the usual Merit 1 to reduce travel time.
I wondered why we were playing Argyle 🙂

denzel

This was the first game in a new regional league, replacing the usual Merit 1 to reduce travel time.
Yes, clearly we have to sacrifice the quality of the opposition then:)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
23rd March for the Cup tie. unfortunately it coincides with the Oldham game. Details

andrew p long

this is a really rubbish date.

We the fans can't watch live this game and Oldham away being played simultaneously.

The first team coaching staff can't be in the ground watching/supporting, which would have been such a boost for the U18s.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
23rd March for the Cup tie. unfortunately it coincides with the Oldham game. Details

Can you record one (say the yoof) so you can watch after the other? Three hours of (hopefully) red & white bliss

andrew p long

Can you record one (say the yoof) so you can watch after the other? Three hours of (hopefully) red & white bliss
I think it might be possible to watch the first team game on ifollow, and then nip over to YouTube for the yoof from the start.

Which seems the better suggestion from the club than watching both games simultaneously (is that what the club meant?)

denzel

Doesn't seem right that it cant have been played on Monday, or Wednesday, or even 5PM.
Oh well, I'll be watching the youth team and save myself a tenner.

jimbo-gould

Doesn't seem right that it cant have been played on Monday, or Wednesday, or even 5PM.
Oh well, I'll be watching the youth team and save myself a tenner.
Same here. Anyone know how good the Leicester team are?

ryancooper327

We held the u23s 1-1 in 2019. I’m pretty sure Loft played for them, seems like we play him every week?! If I remember right, Hamon was at fault for it and I tweeted my disappointment - he then sent me a message about it! I know the u18s have a really highly rated American keeper but that’s about it.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
They have made this round! Beating Sheffield Wednesday 5-0

They have just come off a 5 match unbeaten run in all competitions, losing to Brighton on Saturday 3-0 and having a player sent off https://www.lcfc.com/news/2069034/young-foxes-beaten-by-brighton-in-seagrave. Currently second (bottom) of the southern section of the Premier league U18 table having W 2 D 3 L 10. Goals for 21 Against 49. So in comparison with their peers they are likely to score at least once but more than likely to let at least three in.

How the league compares to who we play with I don't know although you would assume better competition, larger squad than ours and their training ground makes SJP look like a ploughed field, so quite optimistic really