• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Youth 2018/19

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
This rumour is doing the rounds again, seems he's said cheerio to his footballing mates on Instagram.
Players have a cooling off period in their contracts. It seems as though he has executed his rights in that respect, which is a real shame. Not in any way surprised though. I am sure the club will be negotiating compensation as we speak (if indeed he is off to Fulham).

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Players have a cooling off period in their contracts. It seems as though he has executed his rights in that respect, which is a real shame. Not in any way surprised though. I am sure the club will be negotiating compensation as we speak (if indeed he is off to Fulham).
Martin - What compensation, if any, will we be due? My understanding, and I may be completely wrong, is that it will be fixed according to EPPP as he's too young to have signed, or be offered a professional contract.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Martin - What compensation, if any, will we be due? My understanding, and I may be completely wrong, is that it will be fixed according to EPPP as he's too young to have signed, or be offered a professional contract.
He was offered a professional deal and therefore EPPP does not apply. It was the same for Ethan Ampadu.

budegrecian

Compensation or no compensation, I'm still really disappointed by this.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Aren't we all!

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
And if the Ampadu tribunal is a guide, we will end with the equivalent of "tuppence in the pound" ! :(

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
And if the Ampadu tribunal is a guide, we will end with the equivalent of "tuppence in the pound" ! :(
£100k with some add-ons is about all we can expect. Unfortunately this sort of thing is looking like it is going to become the norm sadly.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was offered a professional deal and therefore EPPP does not apply. It was the same for Ethan Ampadu.
Thanks for the clarification - didn't realise he had been offered a pro deal. Let's hope he goes on to do better than Sean Goss who is the last youngster I can remember leaving for a bigger club without playing for the first team first.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The full list of youngsters signing scholarship contracts were

Jay Stansfield
Nelson Iseguan
Frank Lovett
Jack Veale
Alex Moyse
Max Clark
Jack Arthur

jimbo-gould

Anyone else heard rumours of Stansfield junior signing for Fulham?
He's signed for them now. Shame.