• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Your moment of the season?

Stelios

One particular moment has stuck in my mind all season. Don't know if anyone else noticed it but for some reason it really stood out. Exeter v Grimsby. We were battering them but somehow not scoring. Law misplaced a cross to Stockley and Stockley was howling at the moon. He was frustrated. He was livid. He was so annoyed with everything and everyone. He literally screamed into the clouds. Law went over to him, put his arm around his neck and had a little word with him as if to say "don't worry mate, everything will be ok". Literally a few minutes later Law set him for his goal and after the celebrations died down they had a little moment together as if Law was saying "see, I told you" and Stockley was saying "it's not you, it's me" :D As if they were two drunk blokes making up after a falling out earlier in the evening.

It was a great moment :)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The MK Dons home match. Not only because it was nice to get one over the ex manager but because it showed me just how good we can be. The high press and skill showed that day in far from perfect playing conditions gave me hope. Best performance I'd seen in years and for as long as I can remember.

Last edited:

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Aaron Martin scoring a 60 yard wonder goal against Forest Green. For humour reasons, of course.

grecIAN Harris

Hiram, that goal...... nuff said

Last edited:

Spoonz Red E

Matty Jay.
Smashing it home.
In front of the Big Bank.

Steve H

Getting to see all the building work finished (and finally seeing Matt Jay score at SJP)

Antony Moxey

Couple hours ago watching that second Southend goal against Sunderland.

i8cornwall

Jordan Tilson being sent out on loan.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Archie Collins goal against Swindon. I hope we see more of Archie next season but I fear he might be one of the players Matt Taylor suggested in his post-match interview might be 'off to bigger and better things.'

Colesman Ballz

Archie Collins goal against Swindon. I hope we see more of Archie next season but I fear he might be one of the players Matt Taylor suggested in his post-match interview might be 'off to bigger and better things.'
Wasn't announced by the club that he was offered and signed, a new and improved contract after his breakthrough this season ? If so it is hard to see him going anywhere this summer unless it is for big bucks.

Matt specifically mentioned two players, one seems almost certainly to be Pym, whether or not Boateng is the other, will emerge in good time.