• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

York Tuesday 16th Feb:

contrabombarde

Anyone up for this?.....I suggested to my other half that we perhaps could visit our daughter in York on the 15th for a couple of days and she jumped at it. In a day or two I'll casually mention that by a strange coincidence I have just noticed that City are away to York, so no transport problems for me.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes...I will be driving up from the capital of Devon..A shame it is a midweeker,but there is a good reason for that !

Usually do this trip on the train & have a few ales in the bar in the station at York,alas that will not be happening on this trip
I hope York do get out of the bottom 2 before the end of the season,it's a day out I would miss..

grecian55

Anyone up for this?.....I suggested to my other half that we perhaps could visit our daughter in York on the 15th for a couple of days and she jumped at it. In a day or two I'll casually mention that by a strange coincidence I have just noticed that City are away to York, so no transport problems for me.
You old Smoothy Contra ,bonus points will go out the window once Wife discovers the ulterior motive ?

Avening Posse

I also like York away, really decent place and I quite like the ground, even if its falling to bits in places, but midweek in half term week has snookered me this year unfortunately

Legohead

Banned
New to the forum and a relatively new fan of the club having only been to a handful of games. Grew up near York and northern based and have been many times to Bootham Crescent and this game will be my first EC away game so very much looking forward to it. Going with a pal so we'll swell the away following by two at least.

Silver fox

New to the forum and a relatively new fan of the club having only been to a handful of games. Grew up near York and northern based and have been many times to Bootham Crescent and this game will be my first EC away game so very much looking forward to it. Going with a pal so we'll swell the away following by two at least.
Welcome Legohead, is your pal a converted Grecian?

Legohead

Banned
No Foxy, he just likes footy in general so fancied the trip up too. I'm looking to get to most away games now and maybe between 5 and 10 home games a season from here on.

Silver fox

No Foxy, he just likes footy in general so fancied the trip up too. I'm looking to get to most away games now and maybe between 5 and 10 home games a season from here on.
Let us know when your down, we'll meet for a beer.

Legohead

Banned
Could do I guess. Cheers.

Poundstretcher

Just booked train tickets, a rather convoluted route from Oxford via Kings Cross that would make RAWZ proud, but saving £40 pays for a bed for the night in York. Will be the only game I can get to this side of the Easter holidays (and potentially the rest of the season) so I'm damned if I'm missing this one as well!