• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

York City. . Sub 3k gate?

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Welcome back, GJ. I see you haven't given up fishing ...

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Welcome back, GJ. I see you haven't given up fishing ...
If fishing is disagreeing with your naive posts then no I haven't.

Alistair20000

To be fair Geoff, you could have previously put me in that category, I'm early 30's and I must have watched between 300 - 400 games at SJP, I haven't been once this season.

Add in my old man who watches every game with me plus a few others who go from time to time and you can see how things have gone.
Does this mean that Missy senior et al are not attending Sid James Park Missy ? Your post lacks your usual precision and clarity if I may be so bold.

Do you intend to fold the newspaper and get off the crapper to make the SJP scene at all this year ?

wemissmoxey

Does this mean that Missy senior et al are not attending Sid James Park Missy ? Your post lacks your usual precision and clarity if I may be so bold.

Do you intend to fold the newspaper and get off the crapper to make the SJP scene at all this year ?
Regarding your first query, my old man etc have not been to a competitive game this season, they attended the Swansea PSF game which I did not, as you know I don't do PSF games.

Regarding your second query, I'm not sure at the moment, I imagine I will get to the odd game however I don't have any pencilled in.

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Regarding your first query, my old man etc have not been to a competitive game this season, they attended the Swansea PSF game which I did not, as you know I don't do PSF games.

Regarding your second query, I'm not sure at the moment, I imagine I will get to the odd game however I don't have any pencilled in.
Sad reading since your previous attendance record would put you in the CTID category.

wemissmoxey

Sad reading since your previous attendance record would put you in the CTID category.
It is sad pal however I guess that is the way the cookie crumbles at times, I'm clearly not the only one and despite what a handful of people on here say I feel it is a reasonably understandable course of action.

heathy1

Simple for the club really, put all prices back on the gate at the pre order price then blame wolfie for it all in the first place

Last edited:

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did we play York on a bank holiday weekend ? Sorry cant remember but i know of a few people who didnt attend yesterday as they are on holiday

York is a fair trip so wouldnt expect many away fans for this again especially as its a bank holiday weekend

For those people still calling for Tis,Taggy,Perryman etc etc to bugger off from the club to save money, Who have you got in mind to walk straight in to replace these people ?

Dont know many managers who would be up for taking over a club with little or no money and even if you could find him then what sort of incentive are you gonna offer him ..................A rolling 2 year contract

Get real ffs anyone on here qualified to run a football team AND get them back to winning ways ? Anyone got the contacts within football that Taggy and Perryman have ?

I'm not saying not to get things sorted out but you would have to do it properly maybe if Rob hadnt gone he may have taken the helm knowing the players etc but that time has been and gone , Would you have old players back to help running the team if so then who ?
You'd also need someone with a football business head on their shoulders not someone who runs a completely different company as we've worked out from bringing in Wolfie from cricket

Lets put the club's soul up for sale, get taken over like other clubs have and see it go downhill or possibly , just possibly turn it around take us on to bigger and better things ? and end up like a certain welsh team and have our colours and badge taken from us ?

So many questions
The last time we played at home on an August Bank Holiday Saturday we had a crowd of over 4,100, in 2011.

geoffwp

I think the fans are supporters of Exeter City Football Club, the professional football club. They didn't sign on to be supporters of Exeter City Amateur Run Football Club. But I think your comment is a tad insulting to the many hard core fans, especially the elderly and the young, who are being priced out of going up to the Park even though they would love to and also to the many fans around the country and world who still pay a great interest in the club but obviously cannot attend. So, sorry to disappoint you, but you are not such a hero as you may think you are.
Mike this is a ridiculous rejoinder to a simple question I asked. Are we down to the core support who will not stop attending. What the hell is so insulting about that? If people decide for whatever reason to stop supporting the club that is up to them. I'm just not prepared to stay away.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Mike this is a ridiculous rejoinder to a simple question I asked. Are we down to the core support who will not stop attending. What the hell is so insulting about that? If people decide for whatever reason to stop supporting the club that is up to them. I'm just not prepared to stay away.
Were skint already , how are we going to survive or compete on crowds of 2500 ? we simply wont.

Who's fault is it that the crowds are dropping ?

is it the manager ? his home tactics are negative and people are not enjoying watching it ? already this season we have had 6 fixtures at home and scored just 2 goals

is it the club ? the prices are too high ?

why else are people staying away ?

Your not prepared to stay away Geoff , but others are and without being disrespectful without those returning you'll have no choice but stay away as we wont survive on 2500 people , the money coming in wont be good enough for us to compete on the field and the finances will see us in the ****e.