• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yeovil Legends v South West Legends

TOP_CITY_FAN

Just a gentle reminder, that on Saturday is the annual charity game for the AS9 foundation, with a Yeovil Legends side coming up against a 'South West Legends' side.

The SW Legends team will include a host of former City players; Jason Matthews, Sir Rob Edwards, Steve Tully, Craig Woodman, Joe Burnell, Ryan Harley, Jon Challinor, Dean Moxey. Also including our GK Scott Brown, and not forgetting our very own King Matt Taylor, dusting off his boots.
The game will be refereed by EFL referee Trevor Kettle, so at least there will be some bookings!

Kick off is at 2pm, and tickets must be bought in advance at https://mpv.tickets.com/schedule/?agency=YTMS_MPV&orgid=52167#/?view=list&includePackages=true

Also, a side note.. that if you decide to get there early, there is a supporters game beforehand, with Exeter fans taking on their Yeovil counterparts on the Huish Park pitch, with a 10:30 kick off!

Hopefully see a few Exewebbers there, and hope to raise lots of funds for the Foundation

sw legends.jpgytfc.jpg

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wow! What a south west legends line up! Wish I could have been able to make this.

STURTZ

Aaron Davis? I'm on my way...

Rosencrantz

Aaron Davis? I'm on my way...
I think Kevin Amankwaah has been added since that graphic.

andrew p long

I think Kevin Amankwaah has been added since that graphic.
Are you sure that its not just that Neil Parish has been googling him?

Rosencrantz

Are you sure that its not just that Neil Parish has been googling him?
When he googled "bigger than a tractor" it was a disappointment for him 🙂

grecIAN Harris

I'd like to have seen that SW midfield in action in their prime.

Bridgy 81

Just a gentle reminder, that on Saturday is the annual charity game for the AS9 foundation, with a Yeovil Legends side coming up against a 'South West Legends' side.

The SW Legends team will include a host of former City players; Jason Matthews, Sir Rob Edwards, Steve Tully, Craig Woodman, Joe Burnell, Ryan Harley, Jon Challinor, Dean Moxey. Also including our GK Scott Brown, and not forgetting our very own King Matt Taylor, dusting off his boots.
The game will be refereed by EFL referee Trevor Kettle, so at least there will be some bookings!

Kick off is at 2pm, and tickets must be bought in advance at https://mpv.tickets.com/schedule/?agency=YTMS_MPV&orgid=52167#/?view=list&includePackages=true

Also, a side note.. that if you decide to get there early, there is a supporters game beforehand, with Exeter fans taking on their Yeovil counterparts on the Huish Park pitch, with a 10:30 kick off!

Hopefully see a few Exewebbers there, and hope to raise lots of funds for the Foundation

View attachment 8532View attachment 8533
I’m going to this and looking forward to some trips down memory lane (for a very good cause too).
I have an appointment in Taunton at lunchtime though so I’ll miss the supporter’s match but hopefully get to Yeovil in time for the main event at 2pm.
Then a cross country drive home to catch the Cup Final kickoff, followed by Mansfield v Northampton in the evening.
Isn’t this an enjoyable time of the footballing year, as long as we’re not involved in the playoffs.

TOP_CITY_FAN

The supporters game this morning finished 1-0 to Yeovil, but could have easily been an ECFC win. Numerous wasted chances in the first half which would have seen us out of sight.

TOP_CITY_FAN

Matt Taylor, Tully, Moxey, Challinor, Woodman, Harley, Jason Mathews all starting for SW Legends.