• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amused me today to read about a statement Ginge made a while back. He was saying that he would like a meeting with his family - a private one so that nothing would be leaked to the Media.

lamrobhero

King Charles Saxe-Coburg visiting his other kingdom - not sure if he is going to visit any relatives from the Kaiser Wilhelm II side of the family.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Amused me today to read about a statement Ginge made a while back. He was saying that he would like a meeting with his family - a private one so that nothing would be leaked to the Media.
Perfectly understandable, I mean if he is unable to sell it as an "exclusive" it wouldn't have enough monetary value for him ! :)

Alistair20000

Torygraph reporting that Sleepy Joe will not be making the Coronation scene but that Jill may rock up.

Reasons:

1. No protocol for US presidents to attend Coronations

2. Important prior engagements

3. Concern that he might wander aimlessly off and start to blather about ice cream.

4. Other

What do you think ?

Colesman Ballz

Torygraph reporting that Sleepy Joe will not be making the Coronation scene but that Jill may rock up.

Reasons:

3. Concern that he might wander aimlessly off and start to blather about ice cream.

4. Other

What do you think ?
Probably the fact that he would be unable to stay awake for the whole ceremony without the assistance of an electric cattle prod ?

angelic upstart

Probably the fact that he would be unable to stay awake for the whole ceremony without the assistance of an electric cattle prod ?
He wouldn't be the only one.

Mr Jinx

Reasons:

4. Other

What do you think ?
All of those and more. Add in the poor seating he'd be getting (like the funeral) and his bog trotting antecedence.

Mr Jinx

So it'll be interesting to see if Ginge and/or the US authorities give transparency and let us know how he answered the question "have you ever abused drugs?" on his US visa application form.

Alistair20000

So it'll be interesting to see if Ginge and/or the US authorities give transparency and let us know how he answered the question "have you ever abused drugs?" on his US visa application form.
He was probably economic with the facts. After all, he is on record as saying his recollection of events
(“my truth”) is far more important than the so called objective facts

Bridgy 81

The first time I went to America was just a few years after 9/11, so understandably they were on guard.
I was flummoxed when I had to answer a question on my visa waiver application about whether I’d committed any acts of Moral Turpitude.
In fact I have to look it up to check what it meant before I could answer whether I had or not.
Fortunately I hadn’t, so they let me in.
I’ve been back a few times since with no problems so I must be doing something right.
Although I do remember a rather stern official at a U.S. airport somewhere, who was looking at my passport photo, instructing me to remove my eyeglasses, presumably so he could verify that it was me.
After a longish flight it took me awhile to work out what he was talking about, but it’s best not to joke in those situations in my experience.
I also recall a very robust pat down I had once at an airport in Jamaica, but that’s another story.