• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The Times really have it in for

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
The Times really have it in for

That'll teach him to criticise the Brexit Boy's Rwanda plans.

Rupert to the rescue ....

Oldsmobile-88

One of the many, Do as I say not as I do.

Not Royalty but on the same page, I wonder if Damon Albarn who is usually pontificating about Climate Change has swapped his Range Rover V8 for a more sensible car for doing his shopping in London ?

IndoMike

860k isnt a big amount tbh these days , Should I be fortunate enough to win big on the Lottery I would put 1 Million in several suitcases and give each one to my brothers and sisters for a drink to help them out , Rock up at City with another suitcase and hand that over see if they refuse it !!
You couldn't rock up at Jakarta, could you?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Oops.

Oldsmobile-88

Oops.
In cash ? Used notes preferred 😎

🎶 If Adolf Hitler flew into day, they’d send a limousine anyway 🎶

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
In cash ? Used notes preferred 😎

🎶 If Adolf Hitler flew into day, they’d send a limousine anyway 🎶
Do you reckon the PM of the day would have played tennis with Eva Braun?

IndoMike

Do you reckon the PM of the day would have played tennis with Eva Braun?
I didn't know that the head of the Bin Laden family - and it's a typical, rich Arab family with wives and half sisters and brothers all over the place - had committed any crimes. Or is it guilt by association?
Accepting moneys like this is certainly not good PR for Charlie, even though the intentions are probably good, and he needs to be far more transparent. This is the kind of thing that brought down King Juan of Spain, although his was more a case of greed than altruism.
We must also remember that governments are not squeaky clean. I remember when the Royal Family had the Ceaucescu family foisted upon them by the government of the time for a state visit
I go with the majority opinion on this : if they want to ditch the RF, so be it. But I would not want any politician as President
King Matt would be very suitable.

Alistair20000

Oops.
The BBC headline is yet more lazy journalism worded to deceive. PC did not take this money. A charitable trust took it. I have no idea if PC is a trustee who makes decisions or not. If he did it was probably unwise even though the cash is for a good cause and there is no evidence it bought favour or influence.

Nothing to see here. Move along please.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The BBC headline is yet more lazy journalism worded to deceive. PC did not take this money. A charitable trust took it. I have no idea if PC is a trustee who makes decisions or not. If he did it was probably unwise even though the cash is for a good cause and there is no evidence it bought favour or influence.

Nothing to see here. Move along please.
Similar headline in bold on the front page of the Mail on Sunday.