• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
As people have already been at pains to say, the negativity towards Meghan is primarily because she comes across as a bit "have your cake and eat it" in wanting all the associated trappings of being a Duchess without accepting the down side (e.g. that you have to be nice to members of the public), as well as "do as I say, not as I do" re: the environment preaching, and the perception that she has broken the close bond between Harry and William as well as the treatment of her own family in the past.
Exactly...... she is a right pain in the arse....not royal at all and our Harry is being led by the nose by her. Alsolutely nothing to do with the colour of her skin. It makes me annoyed that if something negative is said about someone of colour, its immediately branded as racist.

Alistair20000

Exactly...... she is a right pain in the arse....not royal at all and our Harry is being led by the nose by her. Alsolutely nothing to do with the colour of her skin. It makes me annoyed that if something negative is said about someone of colour, its immediately branded as racist.
Agreed; the fact that she is of colour, foreign and a woman don't come into it as far as I am concerned. Reports suggest she is not easy to get on with leading to regular fall outs and kerfuffle. Add in Jason's points to that.

Diane Abbott a prime example of chucking in the race card ad nauseum. Other examples available. It is very irritating.

IndoMike

So you've gone from "agree to disagree" to "apologists", "no doubt" and "none so blind...", while also making a sly dig at the posters on here as being racist themselves? Very gracious.

Or perhaps it's because this "racism" has occurred in the Daily Mail, and acted as a red rag to a bull.

As people have already been at pains to say, the negativity towards Meghan is primarily because she comes across as a bit "have your cake and eat it" in wanting all the associated trappings of being a Duchess without accepting the down side (e.g. that you have to be nice to members of the public), as well as "do as I say, not as I do" re: the environment preaching, and the perception that she has broken the close bond between Harry and William as well as the treatment of her own family in the past.
Blimey, you are a drama queen sometimes.
Just because "some people say" means nothing. That's not evidence. The fact is that the right wing press (I guess you'll say the Mail is not right wing) have used innuendo. What on earth can be "concerning" about a close-up of a couple in a loving pose? How can that be concerning? Yes, if there is no other logical justification for that comment then anyone who dismisses it as harmless is clearly an apologist for the journalist who wrote it.
Pure jealousy and bile from a loser journalist.

IndoMike

So what was "concerning" about the close-up photo of Harry and Meghan in an affectionate pose? Answer me that Eh?

IndoMike

Agreed; the fact that she is of colour, foreign and a woman don't come into it as far as I am concerned. Reports suggest she is not easy to get on with leading to regular fall outs and kerfuffle. Add in Jason's points to that.

Diane Abbott a prime example of chucking in the race card ad nauseum. Other examples available. It is very irritating.
So what was "concerning" about the close-up photo of Harry and Meghan in an affectionate pose? Answer me that.

IndoMike

First paragraph : hearsay. How the hell does Jason know? Has he progressed so fast that he mixes with royalty?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
So from "agree to differ" you continue on this crusade to belittle everyone who disagrees with you. I admire your tenacity I suppose.

IndoMike

So from "agree to differ" you continue on this crusade to belittle everyone who disagrees with you. I admire your tenacity I suppose.
I'm not belittling anybody. Don't be daft
If you can explain to me why that Daily Mail hack said the photo of Harry and Meghan was "concerning" other than for racist innuendo purposes then I will consider it.
So far nobody has been able to. We''ve even had Ali deflect to Abbott, which is nothing to do with the Mail hack's comment

Alistair20000

So what was "concerning" about the close-up photo of Harry and Meghan in an affectionate pose? Answer me that.
Not sure I have seen either the photo or the comment Indo so cannot comment on that specific matter.

My gripe is on the over quick use of the race card in general.

IndoMike

Error