• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
If he were to stay away permanently, he wouldn't need any UK security.
One can but dream.

One can also dream that his desire for privacy was enacted.

Alistair20000

Perhaps he should consider when coming over see his father instead of all this court stuff, Think he has about 5 court proceedings to deal with. I guess he's trying to make him and his wife relevant to Netflix because after dishing dirt on the RF Netflix realise H&M have nothing to offer. Spotify realised this sooner and cancelled their podcast contract.
Anyone involved in 5 court cases needs to have a serious look in the mirror and a candid conversation with themselves.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Anyone involved in 5 court cases needs to have a serious look in the mirror and a candid conversation with themselves.
The security thing i really don't get because when he comes over, Alone or with the family he'll be staying at one of the royal residences, Maybe not at the main house but one of the many in the grounds which would be covered by permanent security arrangements they have, Its not like he'd be staying at a Travelodge or similar, As soon as he touches down in the UK he's ushered through the airport, Whisked away in a car with another following, Whether he has to pay for that is tough, He decided to step down from being a royal then still expects all that went with it. I don't believe for one second his father would put him or his Grandchildren in danger if there was a risk.

As for Ms Markle, She's a bit like our former PM Johnson, Likes the idea of being a royal but hates the details that goes with it.

Last edited:

lamrobhero

Meanwhile in other recent Royal news.

Prince William spotted selling Big Issue in Tesco
Prince William shocks bereaved mum on horse walk
Prince William shocks mum on mental health charity walk
Prince William visits Mercian Regiment in Salisbury
Prince William visits Moss Side youth projects in Manchester

Yawn.

Another 50 or 60 years of this rubbish duly reported by the BBC
Still the great British public with their Serf Mentality and Toff Dererence love it - long may the gaslighting continue.
He is a champion of inherited wealth and privilege and I believe through the Duchy of Cornwall receives massive taxpayer agricultural subsidies.

In the authenticity stakes between William/Kate and Harry/Meghan there is a clear winner.

elginCity

Thought for a second I'd stumbled across the Politics USA edition thread.

DB9

Meanwhile in other recent Royal news.

Prince William spotted selling Big Issue in Tesco
Prince William shocks bereaved mum on horse walk
Prince William shocks mum on mental health charity walk
Prince William visits Mercian Regiment in Salisbury
Prince William visits Moss Side youth projects in Manchester

Yawn.

Another 50 or 60 years of this rubbish duly reported by the BBC
Still the great British public with their Serf Mentality and Toff Dererence love it - long may the gaslighting continue.
He is a champion of inherited wealth and privilege and I believe through the Duchy of Cornwall receives massive taxpayer agricultural subsidies.

In the authenticity stakes between William/Kate and Harry/Meghan there is a clear winner.
I have no time for the institute of the RF but William as heir is doing what he is suppose to do as a working royal, As for your "Authentic" H&M, They want the royal titles and everything that goes with it but not to put the work in, Instead they're happy to diss the UK from afar and play the victim.

elginCity

Time for a new national anthem

Grecian2K

Time for a new national anthem
Would have had a bit more heft were it not being chanted by all those nice middle-class "trustafarians" whose mummies and daddies spent hundreds of pounds funding their overpriced Glasto holiday.

Odds on that, in twenty or so years time most of them will be at Cornbury with their besuited corporate chums singing "La la-lla-la La, Vote for Tories"?

Mr Jinx

A better day for Ginge it has to be said.

And now he has the bit between his teeth (or at least he thinks he does). And Piers Morgan is spitting feathers.

The thing about phone hacking...it wasn't really hacking. Well, not as we know it now. A 5 year old could've done it.

Phone companies are culpable because they set all customers up with a voicemail default password of '0000' and of course barely anyone ever changed it.

Obviously there were times where the "journalists" overstepped the mark (Milly Dowler for instance), but everything else was fair game in my eyes.

Mr Jinx

I have no time for the institute of the RF but William as heir is doing what he is suppose to do as a working royal, As for your "Authentic" H&M, They want the royal titles and everything that goes with it but not to put the work in, Instead they're happy to diss the UK from afar and play the victim.
Yeah, could you imagine Whinge putting in all those hard yards?

She realised pretty quickly what was going to be involved (no thanks to Ginge for not having warned her). I have to do this? And I don't get paid? Really. Errr....you know what....I don't think I want to.

Pathetic.