• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Alternatively, Harry and Meghan didn't give what was going on at Wimbledon yesterday a second thought!
Yep, you can believe that.

Mr Jinx

Meghan could have done exactly as Kate did and the press would be on her back for it.
As per ...
I guess that could be another reason for the forthcoming scupper.

elginCity

Wimbledon, that magnificent display of establishment and tradition, passed off splendidly. Front, left and center were Wills, Kate and their sproggs, mixing it with Hollywood and other entertainment A Listers. And boy, didn't they put on a good turn. Cheering on the young and plucky Spaniard to victory along with probably 90% of us. An absolute PR dream for them, and I, for one, must say they thoroughly deserve it.
George, aged 10, has been mixing it while sitting in his blazer and tie in the best seats at Wimbledon, Twickenham, Wembley, Lords and a Katy Perry concert. A very well adjusted kid, has got it all to look forward to !

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, you can believe that.
Unlike you, I don't pretend to have any idea what, if anything, Harry and Meghan made of yesterday's events. Plainly, you're privy to their innermost thoughts because you read all about then in the Daily Mail.

Desperate stuff even by your risible standards.

Mr Jinx

Unlike you, I don't pretend to have any idea what, if anything, Harry and Meghan made of yesterday's events. Plainly, you're privy to their innermost thoughts because you read all about then in the Daily Mail.

Desperate stuff even by your risible standards.
I think we've all now got a pretty good idea how Megain works.

It could be that Harry couldn't give 2 figs, but I'd bet the house that Whinge just couldn't help herself.

Having gotten close, she'd still really be wanting that prize. And if she can't get it, guess what....

DB9

Royal Fun Fact:

On This Day in 1917 a Royal Proclamation by the King changed the name of British Royal family from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor.

Spoonz Red E

Royal Fun Fact:

On This Day in 1917 a Royal Proclamation by the King changed the name of British Royal family from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha to Windsor.
They could have just changed Gotha to Gotcha.
Easier on the signmakers.

Grecian2K

Royal Fun Fact:

The first baby-stwp toward B(ritish)R(oya)lEXIT?
Taking control of OUR borders.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
And so, I think this past week just gone will have got Whinge and Ginge thinking.

Wimbledon, that magnificent display of establishment and tradition, passed off splendidly. Front, left and center were Wills, Kate and their sproggs, mixing it with Hollywood and other entertainment A Listers. And boy, didn't they put on a good turn. Cheering on the young and plucky Spaniard to victory along with probably 90% of us. An absolute PR dream for them, and I, for one, must say they thoroughly deserve it.

Meanwhile, noticeably absent, thousands of miles away, no doubt catching bits of it, brooding whilst busy continuing to seek "privacy", were Harry and Megs. Oh boy, a penny for their thoughts please. It'd be like Bullseye...well here's what you could've won! I wonder if Megs would've been picturing herself there, in that royal box, hob-nobbing away, with perhaps the first public glimpsing of Archie for a mass collective fawning. Well that ship's sailed love, so I'm expecting there to be a seven stages of grief process starting somewhere Montecito way.

Part of that process will no doubt be anger then revenge. I'm sure she'll be devising a way to scupper the next one. Fully expecting her to be on the phone to Serena, Oprah and others sometime later in the year to work out how they can bury next year's tourney in a race storm. The Invictus Games, a somewhat D list competitor, just ain't gonna cut it.

You heard it here first.
No doubt it will be in the next thrilling episode of spare ! That couple have more stories than Shakespeare.

elginCity

Only learned this morning that Phil the Greek in his 90s was given £360,000 every year from the public purse, for what I know not. This in addition to the £82 million pa his missus received from the sovereign grant, just as his son gets now, cushty.

Although it's good news the latest consort has declined the same gratis offer, does make you wonder what other nice little earners are going on under the radar. Sufficient to buy some pliers should their teeth be playing up, that's for sure !
Apparently, Chas is due a hefty pay rise in the next couple of years up to a hefty £126 million pa. Cushty.

Explains QC turning down the piffling £360,000 pa consort stipend recently….small change no longer required.