• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would like to hear the truth. Not someone’s slanted interpretation of it.
The problem is, everyone has an angle. It's unlikely you'll ever get it.

I would like a few claims fleshed out however. Like how did they get married before they were married? If they were already married, why were they then happy to have a second meaningless marriage that cost the taxpayer £31 million? Who was the member of the RF that commented about the colour of Archie's skin and hair and what did they say exactly? They've only tossed out some very vague titbits as far as I can see.

I think Whinge sees herself as some kind of race crusader. But I think the pair are setting race relations back by quite a bit, at least in this country. It's pick a side time.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Why do we need to pick a side? Get rid of the lot

DB9

I think Whinge sees herself as some kind of race crusader. But I think the pair are setting race relations back by quite a bit, at least in this country. It's pick a side time.
Isn't this "White Saviour" the kind that was lambasted when "Celebs" (Mainly White) were doing those pieces for Comic Relief which led to CR dropping them? If he thinks as you say then he's on to a loser, Black people or any person of colour are strong enough to stand up for themselves without a white person telling them how oppressed they are, Especially one of total privilege and seems to like all that brings.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why do we need to pick a side? Get rid of the lot
Indeed. I used to be 50/50 on the monarchy, but the last few years (yes, including the queen's death) have pushed me closer to republicanism.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't this "White Saviour" the kind that was lambasted when "Celebs" (Mainly White) were doing those pieces for Comic Relief which led to CR dropping them? If he thinks as you say then he's on to a lower, Black people or any person of colour are strong enough to stand up for themselves without a White person telling them how oppressed they are, Especially one of total privilege and seems to like all that brings.
She's not white.

DB9

She's not white.
I'm talking about Harry.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm talking about Harry.
Jinx was talking about Meghan. Regardless, no it's not the white saviour thing, it's a completely different situation.

lamrobhero

Isn't this "White Saviour" the kind that was lambasted when "Celebs" (Mainly White) were doing those pieces for Comic Relief which led to CR dropping them? If he thinks as you say then he's on to a loser, Black people or any person of colour are strong enough to stand up for themselves without a white person telling them how oppressed they are, Especially one of total privilege and seems to like all that brings.
Meghan is his wife.

DB9

Jinx was talking about Meghan. Regardless, no it's not the white saviour thing, it's a completely different situation.
No it's not in my view, You may think differently.

DB9

Meghan is his wife.
Er, I know that, Reread what I've said, I've used the term "He" so I'd thought it was obvious that I was referring to Harry.