• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay: The Royal Family

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would not mind at all if Her Majesty used a wheelchair or mobility scooter in public but I think the decision should be hers.
A mobile throne, Shirley.

angelic upstart

Does anyone remember when Chas started an avalanche and killed a Major at Klosters?

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Does anyone remember when Chas started an avalanche and killed a Major at Klosters?
Yes saw it on the Crown so it must be true...

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

It's clear the monarchy should be abolished and replaced by a democratically elected head of state. We need a fair deal for everyone, against the elitism and privilege epitomised by royalty.

The regime based on hierarchy, deference and inherited wealth, status and power. It is a leftover from feudalism that defies modern aspirations for democracy, egalitarianism and meritocracy.

The royals are steeped in a history of war, colonialism and slavery. The crown estate derives much of its assets – including properties and some of the crown jewels – from past royal conquest and exploitation. The true scale of the Queen’s private wealth has never been disclosed, though it has been estimated to run into the hundreds of millions of pounds.

According to the elitist values of the monarchical order, we are “subjects” of Her Majesty, under her dominion. To add insult to injury, the most stupid, immoral royal is, by virtue of the family into which they are born, deemed more fit to be our head of state than the wisest, most ethical commoner. That’s just plain wrong – and offensive.

angelic upstart

Yes saw it on the Crown so it must be true...
I've not seen the crown. Just remember that Chas couldn't get done for it cos he had diplomatic immunity.

Mr Jinx

Sadiq Khan declining an invite to chez Whinge & Ginge whilst out in LA just goes to show how toxic they have become.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Sadiq Khan declining an invite to chez Whinge & Ginge whilst out in LA just goes to show how toxic they have become.
I agree Jinx it's time to scrap the whole lot of them!

Mr Jinx

I agree Jinx it's time to scrap the whole lot of them!
I'd like to see Khan refuse a similar invite from the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge. Then watch the Wail fury, lolz!

tavyred

Kate and Tom Cruise holding hands at the Top Gun 2 London premiere the other night would’ve caused much angst in the Sussex household I’m sure. 😎

Alistair20000

Kate and Tom Cruise holding hands at the Top Gun 2 London premiere the other night would’ve caused much angst in the Sussex household I’m sure. 😎
They would say Tom Cruise is oh soooo passé