• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Yay or Nay #303

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Everyone loves Stonehenge. And why not? It's f*cking awesome.

There are now calls for Stonehenge to be light up at night. So where does exeweb stand on this burning issue? Is it:
  • Yay, let's keep nocturnal drivers entertained and boost interest in this outstanding monument, or
  • Nay, let the stones commune with the night and leave the stargazing hippies in peace.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's a nay from me. It was designed to let the sun shine through it, artificial illumination basically destroys the aesthetic and purpose of it.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Yay, who really gives a b*ll*cks though. Anon: just shut off the illuminations before sun-up, problem solved, best of both.

MikeGrecian

Nay from me although has lost its appeal since i learnt it was largely rebuilt in the victorian age.

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Nay from me although has lost its appeal since i learnt it was largely rebuilt in the victorian age.
You've just ruined everything.

Ruiner.

Reggie T42

Cannot Be Serious Cottage, Backside of Beyond, Dev
My Y-fronts are heavy with lust.

StroudGrecian

You've just ruined everything.

Ruiner.
Don't worry Hersch, it's not true [y]

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Phew. [y]

(long sentence thingy)

MikeGrecian

Afraid it is,if i remember correctly several of the sarcen stones[the upright ones] were re-erected in the latter part of the 1880s as was the trend back then to recreate in the archaeologists idea of how it would have looked,there are many examples of this around the country suchas The Rollright Stones and also the famous Avebury stone circle,i didn't want to believe it either as i've been to all of them especially during me Hippy Dreadlock period but im afraid it IS definetly the case.Sorry to spoil.*-)

Grecian2K

Save the money from the lights and BUILD THE F*CKING A303 TUNNEL they've been "promising" for what seems like millenia.

Thread closed.