• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe Wanderers v Exeter City Match Day Thread.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says......I can't believe no-one else noticed that Mathew Bye has copyrighted his name.

What a strange thing to do, given he ended up doing very little other than play non-league.......

Regards,

TheManFromDelMonte.
Seems an eminently sensible and profitable move I'd say. When ever a cup draw has an uneven number of entrants he'll be quids in!

fred binneys head

He's just made £10 from your post. Who's laughing now?

denzel

Not many in the City lineup made it. In my head, Dean Stamp was around way before Sercs. It just goes to show what a long and successful career he's had.
Didn't we get money from Truro for Stamp though?
(I realise this is off topic and a certain poster will no doubt be down my throat soon...)

Oldsmobile-88

Didn't we get money from Truro for Stamp though?
(I realise this is off topic and a certain poster will no doubt be down my throat soon...)
Iirc it was around £10k.

geoffwp

TheManFromDelMonte.

He says......I can't believe no-one else noticed that Mathew Bye has copyrighted his name.

What a strange thing to do, given he ended up doing very little other than play non-league.......

Regards,

TheManFromDelMonte.
I don't believe personal names can be copyrighted. His surname is inherited so you can't expect to protect that as other will also have inherited it. His first name goes back millennia. Perhaps it isn't a copyright sign, I think it likely stands for 'Cretin.

Ex-ciderrr

Good result, hoped for a draw, again something for us to build on. Point at Wycombe never a bad point imo.

UTC.

Colesman Ballz

Iirc it was around £10k.
Which was £10k more than for Sercs !