• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe Wanderers v Exeter City Match Day Thread.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
You keep believing your variations of the stats from afar 🤨 and I'll keep going on what I can actually see. 😉 Last weekend will have boosted confidence and belief, now we'll see if it's strong enough to build on. Wycombe has always been a hell hole for us to go to, even in our one win there we had to battle through adversity of having been down to ten men and save a penalty to get all three points. I'd quite happily come home with a point today.
Ha. I agree I would be delighted with a point today. The games I've seen we've been really poor or created nothing from our attacking play, the stats back up that assertion this far. As said need to see this style / approach works over a number of games. Since 2nd Jan this approach has only worked against Mk Dons and Cambridge whom are both in the relegation zone.

A point today following last week's win is a good basis to build on for the side. As said like last week wasn't the convincer on Caldwell, this week won't confirm him being dammed.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wycombe will start going through what we've just gone through - new manager, new ideas, less certainty from their players. It could be a good time to play them.

I'm Kevin broadly in agreement with McDonald's quote on the beeb yesterday "We've been unfortunate these last few games - I'll stand by that whatever's said, on any other day we could have probably won three or four of the last five or six games."

I'm pretty sure we'll put in a good performance.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wycombe will start going through what we've just gone through - new manager, new ideas, less certainty from their players. It could be a good time to play them.

I'm Kevin broadly in agreement with McDonald's quote on the beeb yesterday "We've been unfortunate these last few games - I'll stand by that whatever's said, on any other day we could have probably won three or four of the last five or six games."

I'm pretty sure we'll put in a good performance.
So am I. Eminently winnable.

Bridgy 81

I hope I find somewhere to park!
Try on or around Gallows Lane (admittedly a sinister sounding location to aim for when travelling to an away game).
I’ve parked in that area several times in the past, albeit not recently though.
It’s residential and if it’s still unrestricted parking you’ll just have a mile or so to walk to the ground from there.
Hopefully you won’t be beaten to the last available spot now by an earlier arriving travelling Grecian!

iscalad

A fingers crossed for some sort of result sort of game.
Semper Fidelis UTC.

CWH-NYC_

Heading to the mountains out West, be in the air during game time, so 3 points please you lot! But happy with one and another clean sheet.

denzel

I'll take a point here, unless we are 1 up in the 102nd minute, which is likely

geoffwp

What issues in front of goal? You're only as good as your last game and we scored twice and created plenty more chances............... which if course was the real issue but then you won't be told that.
Ian, the only real issue it seems is the one you have with MJP! it's like an itch you seem to not be able to stop scratching.

geoffwp

Offered a point now I'd bite the hand off. 3 would be glorious. Pegs in correct holes please Mr C.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depends how Wycombe have adapted to the loss of their manager.Our form has been indifferent, so if Wycombe encounter the same problems,it could be anyones game.