• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wycombe Wanderers v Exeter City Match Day Thread.

Another tough but winnable game. Come on the Ciddy!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
This week is sort of opposite to last week. A draw would be a good result, a defeat (unless huge) doesn't prove anything re. Caldwell's position. I personally, with our issues in front of goal, would be delighted with a point. Wycombe will be a very different proposition this time round from earlier in the season. A win would be a fantastic result and a real uplift for everyone.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A tough gig this afternoon, I’d imagine. Would be delighted with a point after what sounded like a couple of poor displays in the previous two away games.

grecIAN Harris

This week is sort of opposite to last week. A draw would be a good result, a defeat (unless huge) doesn't prove anything re. Caldwell's position. I personally, with our issues in front of goal, would be delighted with a point. Wycombe will be a very different proposition this time round from earlier in the season. A win would be a fantastic result and a real uplift for everyone.
What issues in front of goal? You're only as good as your last game and we scored twice and created plenty more chances............... which if course was the real issue but then you won't be told that.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
What issues in front of goal? You're only as good as your last game and we scored twice and created plenty more chances............... which if course was the real issue but then you won't be told that.
If you do not believe we have had issues in front of goal, then that is up to you. Even if you think we are one good pass away or not attacking quick enough, the end result is we are scoring less goals. One game against poor opposition doesn't prove anything to this point. Like today, a tight defeat doesn't prove anything either. We need to see consistently that this approach / style of play can actually bring results and that we need to be significantly better in our attacking play over a number of games, which involves scoring goals. We haven't done this well enough this year and throughout Caldwells reighn havs been an issue

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
We travel more in hope than expectation, we don't have a great record at Adams Park.

I hope I find somewhere to park! See you there later.

Jason's preview

fred binneys head

Not feeling hopeful today, hoping Norman can slot a couple of late goals for a 2-1 win but head says 3-1 Wycombe.

COYR.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pessimistic about our chances of winning today so I'd be happy with a point. Best thing for me would be a goal for Stanno as I reckon his next will be the start of many.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
We don't tend to do very well against big, physical sides. Even our central defenders aren't huge...

We beat Wycombe at home when they had no strikers, Wheeler played up top. They'll have Sam Vokes today who I fear might bully our lads.

Hope I'm wrong but I'm living in hope rather than expectation.

grecIAN Harris

If you do not believe we have had issues in front of goal, then that is up to you. Even if you think we are one good pass away or not attacking quick enough, the end result is we are scoring less goals. One game against poor opposition doesn't prove anything to this point. Like today, a tight defeat doesn't prove anything either. We need to see consistently that this approach / style of play can actually bring results and that we need to be significantly better in our attacking play over a number of games, which involves scoring goals. We haven't done this well enough this year and throughout Caldwells reighn havs been an issue
You keep believing your variations of the stats from afar 🤨 and I'll keep going on what I can actually see. 😉 Last weekend will have boosted confidence and belief, now we'll see if it's strong enough to build on. Wycombe has always been a hell hole for us to go to, even in our one win there we had to battle through adversity of having been down to ten men and save a penalty to get all three points. I'd quite happily come home with a point today.