• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

WTF does Matt Jay have to do to get in the side???

tonykellowfan

You have absolutely no idea if my team would get smashed or not., but you are entitled to your opinion, albeit a bit melodramatic.
You picked a team with a front 3 of Ajose, Jay and Randall, with L Martin in midfield and a back 4 with 2 wing backs as fullbacks.

It would be completely overrun.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
You picked a team with a front 3 of Ajose, Jay and Randall, with L Martin in midfield and a back 4 with 2 wing backs as fullbacks.

May I call you Tony?
No, you misread.
My team is 4-3-3.
The attack is Williams, Ajose and Randall.
Midfield is Atangana, Jake T and Lee Martin.
Check again.

exeter-loyal

I'm hoping Jay starts today.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
We've been playing a back 3 for ages now so Ward with Martin, Parkes and Sweeney in front.

Two wing backs
We have been until recently, we ended the Crawley game with a different formation and we started the Crewe game with a back four, two holding midfielders, three in front of them and one up front. This may have been due to the pitch (in part) however the formation did change.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
FAO Indo, I expected your team to be a lot more radical than that given your previous comments.

My team for the match today would be:

Ward

Sweeney Martin Parkes

Williams Dickenson (wing backs)

Taylor Atangana (holding midfielders)

Jay Law (attacking midfielders)

Bowman (nearly went for Fisher but in this formation I think Bowman would be nearer his best).

I think this is a good set up away from home with plenty of protection at the back (on paper), enough in the centre of the pitch to dominate, threats out wide and players who can score goals in Bowman, Law, Jay, Williams and Dickenson.

Ash

FAO Indo, I expected your team to be a lot more radical than that given your previous comments.

Ward

Sweeney Martin Parkes

Bowman (nearly went for Fisher but in this formation I think Bowman would be nearer his best).

I think this is a good set up away from home with plenty of protection at the back (on paper), enough in the centre of the pitch to dominate, threats out wide and players who can score goals in Bowman, Law, Jay, Williams and Dickenson.
That is exactly the team I would pick too. And I want to see Joel Randall on the bench!

IndoMike

Ward

Sweeney Martin Parkes

I wasn't seeking to change the world, Proper. Just trying to give the attack a bit more mobility and hoping for some swift counter-attacks.
Of course, my team won't be picked by Sir Matt.
Lets see if Matt will pick Law and Jay rather than Law or Jay.

geoffwp

Surely that should read 'I think' as with all opinions that are unlikely or can't be tested no one can be certain.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having watched the brief action on the 360 MJ was quite prominent in most of the first half forward action, let's hope this is the season he wrestles the shirt from Law and leaves MT with the decision of whether to drop Captain Jake or Nicky Law to play alongside MJ being the first name on the team sheet :)

That would give KMT quite a difficult decision on who to play and where

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Having watched the brief action on the 360 MJ was quite prominent in most of the first half forward action, let's hope this is the season he wrestles the shirt from Law and leaves MT with the decision of whether to drop Captain Jake or Nicky Law to play alongside MJ being the first name on the team sheet :)

That would give KMT quite a difficult decision on who to play and where
I think with so much fixture congestion this season I think there will be a lot of rotation and probably not a clear first choice eleven. Realistically Nicky Law is unlikely to play more than 30 games next season which leaves 20 for MJ - it's up to him to play well consistently in those games and show he deserves to be in the team. It's also going to be interesting to see whether Kite and Dean can push themselves forward for selection as well.