• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Would we relinquish control of the club for an Investor to take on?

Lister

... but I have always, like every one else, dreamed of someone who might be able to help.
Donating £1,000,000 would help

What are we actually worth?
Currently, at least £10m.

Grecian1966

Supernova - more like Superdreamer. Why are someone's fantasies being discussed on here (mine are far more interesting):$

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Supernova - more like Superdreamer. Why are someone's fantasies being discussed on here (mine are far more interesting):$
Easy Freddo, you wanna PM Pete about those I think!

Ian Sideman

Sorry Laurence who?

Not quite Chris Dawson but imagine if you could swing in to Kensington, pick up a flat and still have more than enough to pick up your farmhouse in Chagford before sorting your helicopter between both properties and still manage to live a ridiculous lifestyle buying what you want and occasionaly purchasing a new Bugatti and we're probably talking.

I think from what has been said it's better to see what happens in the next few months. I have enjoyed the club being run by the trust but I have always, like every one else, dreamed of someone who might be able to help.

What are we actually worth?
This has come up before. I repeat. I'm a fan but I have no interest in investing in the club at this time. Thank you.

tavyred

Not quite Chris Dawson but imagine if you could swing in to Kensington, pick up a flat and still have more than enough to pick up your farmhouse in Chagford before sorting your helicopter between both properties and still manage to live a ridiculous lifestyle buying what you want and occasionaly purchasing a new Bugatti and we're probably talking.
Oh I see, your talking about the St.Thomas born millionaire playboy and heir to the Ede`s pickled onion empire?

supernova

Donating £1,000,000 would help

Currently, at least £10m.
donations? we're not a charity!

supernova

this is the problem with our club, fools like you don't think the unthinkable is possible. my comments are genuine but as proved, it can't be discussed intelligently. i wouldn't waste my time bringing it up otherwise

supernova

if you want to compete in the long term, we need a businessman to buy the club, a fan or not, who wants to make the club a viable economic adventure. I know one, but maybe i should advise him to invest his money in Argyle instead

Last edited:

crocks

if you want to compete in the long term, we need a businessman to buy the club, a fan or not, who wants to make the club a viable economic adventure. I know one, but maybe i should advise him to buy Argyle like he was asked to do instead
TBH, if the club has any ambition, and I am not sure that the current incumbents do, then the only way to progress is for substantial investment. The potential for the club is there, after all, how many went to Wembley? So a succussful side playing in the Championship could/should attract crowds of 10-15K.

Grecian1966

if you want to compete in the long term, we need a businessman to buy the club, a fan or not, who wants to make the club a viable economic adventure. I know one, but maybe i should advise him to invest his money in Argyle instead
I think that proves the point very nicely now please move on whilst those with a genuine interest can debate things properly. :D