• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Wort zur Brunnerstraße

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
I was in Hamburg for a long weekend quite a few years ago when St Pauli played Union Berlin. It was considered a big game at the time, and I don"t think they were in the top flight. St Pauli fans considered themselves a sort of left leaning squatter anarchist student crowd in those days and maybe still do, and the Union crowd who travelled over (quite a few in our hotel) were mainly a working class crowd more akin to UK away crowds back in the day. We went up to the ground to try and get tickets but it was a sell out. Had quite a few beers with Union supporters after the match in the evening as we were staying in the Repperbahn area and St Pauli's ground was only a 5 min walk across a park from there
political ideology meets football- sounds like an interesting game, I remember when St Pauli seemed to be everyone's favourite other team a few years ago but seems to have died off a bit lately. For real fervour though it is hard to beat the fanaticism of the Urawa Reds Ultra's in Tokyo- best atmosphere I have ever witnessed at a football match anywhere. An amazing place when it is full-m check out - '20111015 reds' on Youtube

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Current table

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Who did Keegan play for in the eighties? Was that Hamburg?
He left Liverpool for Hamburg in the summer of 1977 he was there for the 1980 European Cup Final when they lost to Nottingham Forest.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

IBA

Pre haircut days. I assume.

Colesman Ballz

Why would we want to support RB Leipzig when they don't even play Amps ?

andrew p long

Why would we want to support RB Leipzig when they don't even play Amps ?
They do whenever they keep a clean sheet and win away at Spurs knocking them out of the Champions league ...

Red Devon

Tony Woodcock had a decent few seasons in the early 80s turning out at the old Mungersdorfer Stadion for FC Koln

Legohead

Banned
Support RB Leipzig? May as well support MK Dons.

Come on Werder!!

Grecian Max

Without FC Augsburg there may never have been flags on the Bank (at least not as far back as 2011)