• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Worst Ever Performance

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ha !, I seem to recall headlines in the echo with Gerry saying we were going to win the league and get promoted to the top flight eventually, just before the opening game........which from memory we duly lost 1-0 at home to Walsall :rolleyes:
He said he would get us out of the division, he certainly did that.

Nigel E

A lot of love (?) on this thread for the Brentford 1-7. Still their club record away win (do something about that please, Ollie W).

What stuck in the mind was that the Cowshed were literally cheering on Brentford by the end. Moaning at defeats happens all the time, but switching sides? Ah, happy days.

(And this was under one of our most successful managers ever. Imagine the bad ones ...).
Remember that game well. I then travelled by coach to our next match the following Saturday at Orient and saw us lose 5-1. If anything, that was a worse performance, and in the process conceded our 100th goal in the league that season. It was an own goal (by Viney? - not sure) slotted through the legs of his own keeper from the edge of the area.

Still avoided relegation though as we also scored loads - that season (82/83) was mad.

My personal vote would be for the "receivership shield" game in 94/95, when we lost to a similarly indebted Gillingham 3-0. Remarkably there's still a report from that match on the internet.

InTheBigBank

Resigned
One from recent memory was Oxford at home. A Tuesday night and a 4-0 defeat if I remember correctly? Abuse directed towards Tisdale and it was some sort of commemorative game for him.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we blame the starter of this thread for our current form
:unsure:

Colesman Ballz

Can we blame the starter of this thread for our current form
:unsure:
Good Shout ! I also think it should be shut down, at the very least until 3pm on Saturday ! Lets get some joy and optimism back on here in the run up to the bleddy Devon Cornwall Derby. UTC, lets humiliate the barstewards !

Oldsmobile-88

5F5A9ABB-F765-4F79-9389-CEA991E808DA.jpeg
Ha !, I seem to recall headlines in the echo with Gerry saying we were going to win the league and get promoted to the top flight eventually, just before the opening game........which from memory we duly lost 1-0 at home to Walsall :rolleyes:
Fond memories

iscalad

That'll be you off my Xmas list, then.

Martin Weiler

Alvechurch for me. We had a useful team at the time. Dire performance.
Went to see Alvechurch last night. They haven’t forgotten! This is in the Boardroom:

EDE2C0D1-33BB-43CD-8909-A7A243BF76DC.jpeg
Part of a mini Midlands trip. Saw Callum Rowe make his full debut for Stourbridge on Monday night. At least he’s back in red and white stripes again.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Alvechurch came up in our Exiles quiz league match last week (three teams were named who were knocked out of the FA Cup by non-league oppo this season - we had to name the non-league teams). As we said to the quizmaster, "been there done that" before saying he could come up with a whole round based on non-league teams knocking us out of the FA Cup over the years.

Alistair20000

Should we be looking at post 23 October 2019 feckin' dire calamaties given that this was all debated prior to then and we have what is a resusitated thread here ?