• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup Qualifiers for 2022.

Legohead

Banned
Injury time winner needed from Spain to nab the points away in Georgia. International football is a lot more competitive than it used to be. Malta getting a draw in Slovakia. I know Denmark smashed Moldova 8-0 today but by and large you don't get the huge scorelines that you used to get. Holland beat Latvia (who are dire) 2-0 at home last night. In the past you'd certianly have expected 4 or 5 for the Dutch at least.

Legohead

Banned
Maybe Latvia have improved. Got a 3-3 draw away in Turkey the other night. I think they were 3 nil down too. Ireland managed a pathetic draw in their friendly with the mighty Qatar. Some interesting games this evening too.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
England v Poland tonight.Not quite in the same league as the qualifier in Oct 1973 which I remember as a 12 year old.I watched that one in my neighbours house because he had a Colour TV.

Legohead

Banned
My first memory of England v Poland was the 86 World Cup and the Lineker hat trick.

Red Devon

A good first half from England probably should have more than the 1 goal lead at the break.

iscalad

Tfft

Red Devon

Completely lost our way in the second half. I thought it was a very poor pass from Pope that led to Stones losing possession for the Poland equaliser although Stones should have done much better with the situation than he did....great technique from Maguire for the winning goal though.