• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Regardless of the human rights stuff the hosts should at least be half decent at football

Alistair20000

Regardless of the human rights stuff the hosts should at least be half decent at football
Why ?

manc grecian

Because it makes for a better tournament. I'm not saying they have to be world beaters but this lot are probably the worst team in it.

Alistair20000

Because it makes for a better tournament. I'm not saying they have to be world beaters but this lot are probably the worst team in it.

As long as the host country gets a free entry the risk of dross will be there.

Cannot say I am too fussed TBH as not watching it (yet)

Red Devon

Very eagle eyed VAR ref for that decision.
A knee they said

Rosencrantz

A knee they said
A knee it was. Before the explanation came it wouldn't have been an obvious call. It took me a couple of looks at the replay to understand where the infringement may have been. It's not often the offside line is the keeper's backside 🙂. Then you were working out whose yellow sock and white boot belonged to. Correct decision though.

Oldsmobile-88

A few glum TV presenters/pundits on our TV screens, commenting on the obvious about the host nation. I find it a little hypocritical given the wad of cash they are no doubt earning..Why did the BBC & ITV have to send the whole shebang out there anyway ?
The Tokyo Olympics were excellently covered from TV studios in London/Manchester due to Covid restrictions. Doing the same for Qatar would have sent a message loud & clear...But of course we do need their LPG imports this winter.

Oldsmobile-88

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Poor example to quote. A very anti-woke individual and quite honestly mostly niave politically.

iscalad

Poor example to quote. A very anti-woke individual and quite honestly mostly niave politically.
Isn't she something to do with the 360°?