• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hardly news but what a joke this world cup is.
Agreed, but the most damning thing is that Alcohol WILL STILL BE ON SALE in those stadia, but IN CORPORATE AREAS ONLY. What an absolutely $***e society Qatar is and FIFA is a disgrace !

Mr Jinx

I am dead against the tournament being in Qatar but the reality is, we should have kicked up more when it was announced
We did. But as we were a runner, it was dismissed as sour grapes. And here we are. After Russia too.

🤷‍♂️

Alistair20000

Should have opened a Yay or Nay thread on this TV switch on/off

Mr Jinx

Should have opened a Yay or Nay thread on this TV switch on/off
I think most people will watch, just a question of how reluctantly.

I will be watching just to see Wokegate's last games (hopefully) after getting things spectacularly wrong again.

If they do the knee first game, i think that's me out. We didn't watch a kick of the ladies Euro games in the summer, so I don't find it that difficult.

StroudGrecian

I think most people will watch, just a question of how reluctantly.

I will be watching just to see Wokegate's last games (hopefully) after getting things spectacularly wrong again.

If they do the knee first game, i think that's me out. We didn't watch a kick of the ladies Euro games in the summer, so I don't find it that difficult.
Not quite sure where you're coming from with all this, but I do so hope they do the knee.

Oldsmobile-88

I wonder if David Beckham regrets taking the dosh to promote Qatar ? It’s not like he needs the money.

After all he was part of the bid team that were screwed over by FIFA( delegates) in 2010 when that other bastion of democracy Russia was chosen along with Qatar.

Banksy

I understand Santa is reffing the final as it’s so near to Christmas Day , with complimentary alcohol free mince pies at half time. The elves are hiding the Buds bottles under the seats , they can either be drunk or used to pee in if you’re taken short , and given the taste of Budweiser you can’t tell the difference if you pick up the wrong one anyway.5D1A2ACA-131D-4C2F-9D24-9879D52DB1AB.jpeg

Red Devon

I’ve been watching the F1 this afternoon but no ITV or BBC coverage of the opening ceremony apparently

Red Devon

VAR in action already disallowed goal for Ecuador

Rosencrantz

VAR in action already disallowed goal for Ecuador
Very eagle eyed VAR ref for that decision.