• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Anyone thinking of going ? Assuming of course England qualify.

I have never been to a World Cup Finals & would love to take in a tournament.
The only World Cup Tournament I ever planned on going to was USA ‘94..Saved up for about 18 months in those cash strapped times of 12-15% mortgage rates only for it to be scuppered by England failing to qualify !

Hopefully do World Cup USA & Mexico 2026.😎

Oldsmobile-88

Bumped into a Grecian regular yesterday who watches most England games home & away.
He is unsure if he is travelling to Qatar to watch the Tournament,saying it’s ridiculous that it’s being held there especially with the way imported labour to build the Stadia are treated.Going would appear to endorse that.

Colesman Ballz

Bumped into a Grecian regular yesterday who watches most England games home & away.
He is unsure if he is travelling to Qatar to watch the Tournament,saying it’s ridiculous that it’s being held there especially with the way imported labour to build the Stadia are treated.Going would appear to endorse that.
Not forgetting as well, that this was another Blatter "fix", and the count is probably still sitting on the pile of filthy lucre that he made from it ! :mad:

Red Devon

Anyone thinking of going ? Assuming of course England qualify.

I have never been to a World Cup Finals & would love to take in a tournament.
The only World Cup Tournament I ever planned on going to was USA ‘94..Saved up for about 18 months in those cash strapped times of 12-15% mortgage rates only for it to be scuppered by England failing to qualify !

Hopefully do World Cup USA & Mexico 2026.😎
I’ve never been to the World Cup finals but did go Euro 88 in Germany, I was at the final in Munich between the Soviet Union and Holland when Marco Van Basten scored with that incredible volley.

Avening Posse

I went to France in 1998. Wouldn’t consider Qatar. Wish I went to Japan, I’ve been there since and really like the place

Red Devon

Qatar to allow only fully vaccinated (covid) fans to next year’s tournament.

Trapdoor

I watch England fairly often, but I'm not going to go to Qatar. Middle east is generally horrible, I'll never understand the type of people who choose to go for a holiday in Dubai. I'd rather go to skegness in winter.

Colesman Ballz

I watch England fairly often, but I'm not going to go to Qatar. Middle east is generally horrible, I'll never understand the type of people who choose to go for a holiday in Dubai. I'd rather go to skegness in winter.
It's always winter in Skeggy !

Mr Jinx

I went to France in 1998. Wouldn’t consider Qatar. Wish I went to Japan, I’ve been there since and really like the place
Went to Japan 2002 and caught the first 4 England games. We were treated like rock stars by the locals.

Avening Posse

Went to Japan 2002 and caught the first 4 England games. We were treated like rock stars by the locals.
Nice one, where were you based ?