• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nice one, where were you based ?
Memory's a bit hazy but fairly central Tokyo, a 20 minute walk from the fleshpots of Shinjuku ;)

Nigel E

Anyone thinking of going ? Assuming of course England qualify.
Definitely not doing Qatar, can't see that being much fun. Better to watch on TV.

Went to Germany in 2006 and Brazil in 2014 - didn't do England matches, other than watching our games in bars/fan parks. Instead, we picked cities we wanted to stay in and applied for tickets in those venues before the outcome of the draw was known. I can tell you, that makes the World Cup draw a real nail-biter!!

Slightly regret not doing Russia in 2018, but wanted to go back to Brazil so went to the Copa America there in 2019 instead.

It was really tough getting tickets in Germany - huge home interest and plenty of people who could afford them, as well as being an easy, safe, place for people around the world to get to. Suspect the same will be true of 2026 in the US.

Ended up with a fistful of tickets in Brazil, as I completely under-estimated that foreigners were (irrationally) scared of going there, and the tickets were priced out of reach of nearly everyone living there.

Phillip

I went to South Africa in 2010 enjoying 8 games in Jo'burg. Didn't watch England but got to see some good games. Some fans were confused that the tournament was held in the winter so the evening game Brasil v North Korea was blooming freezing, although not as bad as Oldham. Won't do Qatar. Have enjoyed trips to the last 6 U21 tournaments which I'd recommend. Cheap tickets and entertaining matches. The next one is in 2023 in Romania and Georgia.

Mr Jinx

Definitely not doing Qatar, can't see that being much fun. Better to watch on TV.

Went to Germany in 2006 and Brazil in 2014 - didn't do England matches, other than watching our games in bars/fan parks. Instead, we picked cities we wanted to stay in and applied for tickets in those venues before the outcome of the draw was known. I can tell you, that makes the World Cup draw a real nail-biter!!

Slightly regret not doing Russia in 2018, but wanted to go back to Brazil so went to the Copa America there in 2019 instead.

It was really tough getting tickets in Germany - huge home interest and plenty of people who could afford them, as well as being an easy, safe, place for people around the world to get to. Suspect the same will be true of 2026 in the US.

Ended up with a fistful of tickets in Brazil, as I completely under-estimated that foreigners were (irrationally) scared of going there, and the tickets were priced out of reach of nearly everyone living there.
I got to the Eng v Portugal qtr final at Germany 06.

I applied for tickets and worked out which games England would play in if they won their group.

The only tickets that I got allocated was the quarter final, so England obviously had to win their group. Flights & hotels were booked well in advance.

I recommend that no-one ever does that, it practically gave me a heart attack especially when Sweden scored the 2-2 equaliser in the last group game. If they'd nicked a winner towards the end, I'd have missed out.

Anyway, what a terrible game and outcome. A really bad atmosphere in the towns afterwards as well with a lot of ****** up British squaddies around.

I also made it to Eng v Portugal at the Euro 2000 as well, where we naturally got beat again. That one though was like being beaten up slowly.

Red Devon

Jack Grealish in the starting lineup for tonight’s qualifier away to Hungary.

Red Devon

Pretty much all England in the first half playing with plenty of confidence but not able to fashion a proper opening.

i8cornwall

Northern Ireland 1 up at half time....no just me?

Alrighty then 😂

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Red Devon

Job done 👍

Oldsmobile-88

Just seen the goals,I can just imagine what our friend in Arizona thinks about the goalkeeping 😁

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Just seen the goals,I can just imagine what our friend in Arizona thinks about the goalkeeping 😁
What goalkeeping? Total absence of the keeping art!