• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup : Qatar Nov/Dec 2022.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
It does not feel like a World Cup is starting in a few days time.

Clusterfkcu does not begin to describe the choice of venue & timing of the competition.
Blatter admitted himself the other day that Qatar was a bad choice.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Ipswich at home, Morecambe away and Sheffield Wednesday at home are more important and of more interest.

Rosencrantz

Blatter admitted himself the other day that Qatar was a bad choice.
An easy thing to say a long time after pocketing the money.

Antony Moxey

So is anyone going to actively boycott watching any of it? I’m sure FIFA will be mortified, but I have to say that because of a whole host of reasons I won’t be watching any of the tournament, even if England get to the final.

I also find it somewhat amusing the po-faced announcements coming out of the various camps about how we‘re going to show them that we support this and that, and that we won’t be told we can’t do this or wear that. Personally I think if the FA had any real integrity they’d have announced as soon as we qualified that we wouldn’t be going. But no, Harry Kane wearing a rainbow captain’s armband - that’ll properly show ‘em, eh?

mustangspeed2006

So is anyone going to actively boycott watching any of it? I’m sure FIFA will be mortified, but I have to say that because of a whole host of reasons I won’t be watching any of the tournament, even if England get to the final.

I also find it somewhat amusing the po-faced announcements coming out of the various camps about how we‘re going to show them that we support this and that, and that we won’t be told we can’t do this or wear that. Personally I think if the FA had any real integrity they’d have announced as soon as we qualified that we wouldn’t be going. But no, Harry Kane wearing a rainbow captain’s armband - that’ll properly show ‘em, eh?
I'll be giving this one a miss – a decision I made a few years ago after first reading reports about how the workers were being treated.

Bring on Germany 2024!

Alistair20000

I'll be giving this one a miss – a decision I made a few years ago after first reading reports about how the workers were being treated.

Bring on Germany 2024!
Good to see you posting again Mustang (y)

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster

I've decided I won't be watching. I hope that enough people do the same to make it noticeable, but I doubt it.

And I agree, I'd never be more proud of my country than if we took a proper stand and refused to participate.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh, and our first match is against Iran, who are busy killing protesters and who we announced additional sanctions against yesterday.

ecfc70

I will be watching England, we all know it should never happen there but it is and we qualified. The FA won't withdraw us so I will support them

Anyone seen a decent wallchart?

Mr Jinx

With me, it depends largely how Wokegate approaches games. If he sticks with the status quo and plays his usual suspects: eg Pickford, Trippier, Sterling, etc, then I'm out.

If he decides to think outside the box and give the likes of Madison, Ramsdale and similar others a showing then I'll give it a go.

I don't think I've ever been less interested in England at a World Cup. This is from someone who went to 3 successive world cups in the past.

I expect England to go out at the last 16 stage.