• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup Final - Germany v Argentina

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The old Golden Ball thing is a bit of a sham isn't it. Messi?! I am oneof his biggest fans but he's been average at best this tournament and as for Di Maria being nominated then someone ios having a laugh. You could have picked the majority before a ball was played, it's just the biggest names mainly. Same for Pogba as well for the young player, he was average but seems to be flavour of the month.
God only knows how he won that. Neymar hasn't been brilliant but he was far better than Messi. Robben was worth it. Take your pick out of the German side. Mushty from Colombia obviously.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gutted for Messi , but you cant argue that over the whole tournament that zee Germans don't deserve it

Mascherano didn't deserve to be on the losing team mind he was class.

Messi player of the tournament ? how has James Rodriguez not won that
I'm buggered i'm"I'm gutted for Messi"! He could have shown just a little gratitude and humility at picking up the award, even though the decision to give it to him stunk! He had a crap game, didnt play particularly well, and he should have done a lot better with that free kick at the end. He cleared the bar by about 10 feet, which makes me wonder if he tried to miss; not that I'm one for conspiracy theories, as you know.