• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

World Cup 2030

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
The FA reporting on a joint bid across the 4 home nations and Ireland for the 2030 World Cup, backed by UK Gov funds.

Good news or a waste of money?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Another opportunity for the English FA to be humiliated again, with support from the other UK FAs and Irelands!

Legohead

Banned
Waste of money IMO. Why is it now a trend to have joint bids from multiple countries? Next thing you know there will be a joint bids from entire continents! To me, a World Cup should be held in one country and one country only. It makes it unique and special.

The Japan / South Korea WC was good admittedly and to my knowledge it's the only WC to date that has been jointly hosted but i prefer one country World Cups in general.

My favourites thus far being Italia 90 and USA 94.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Will the fans be allowed in by then ?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
A great idea.Why not ?
England alone would have no chance,but with the other 3 home nations & the ROI at least a decent chance.

The shenanigans of past votes(Qatar FFS) are hopefully history.

Perhaps a small levy on PL TV deals to pay for any bid.

Red Devon

Why would anyone not want the World Cup hosted in their own country. I think it would be a resounding success just like the Olympics were in 2012.

Red Devon

Boris seeming very upbeat about the joint UK & Ireland bid for 2030 when asked at today’s Downing Street briefing.

Rosencrantz

Boris seeming very upbeat about the joint UK & Ireland bid for 2030 when asked at today’s Downing Street briefing.
He has had a damascene moment. He has seen that Football and England doing well at Football is....popular 😲

Nigel E

Suspect that after Sunday, any proposed bid is dead in the water and would be a bit of a waste of everyone's time.

There's a strong argument anyway that a UEFA country should wait a bit longer given that Russia did 2018.

So long as the Uruguay/Argentina bid package is half-decent they should walk it, what with it being the centenary of Uruguay 1930.

Oldsmobile-88

So long as the Uruguay/Argentina bid package is half-decent they should walk it, what with it being the centenary of Uruguay 1930.
The World Cup is being expanding to a ridiculous 48 teams in 2030,that’s obviously going to be a large amount of good quality stadia reqd.

Not sure FIFA(delegates)will appoint on sentiment.The bottom line is money 💰