• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Winter 20/21

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looking out the window now the clocks have gone back One Hour, How do you think Winter 20/21 will be? Has your work or family winter get togethers like Halloween, Bonfire, Xmas, NYE's all been cancelled? It won't be like others but how, Especially if you have little ones will you try to make it as normal as possible?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Is it okay to mention that it is getting darker earlier than it was? :)

DB9

Is it okay to mention that it is getting darker earlier than it was? :)
Getaway!!!! 😀😀

Spoonz Red E

Send for ...

Reactions: DB9

manc grecian

Halloween is my Birthday so that doesn't matter.

I'll break the bank for sparklers, same as every year.

Having the FIL round for Christmas the miserable old ******. Last time he bought some beers with him and they didn't see the light of day.

I'm too old to stay up until midnight. I'll eat to much and go to bed at 11 which will come as a massive relief as I'll be spared watching Robbie Williams on the tele.

Spoonz Red E

I'm too old to stay up until midnight.
Last time he bought some beers with him and they didn't see the light of day.
You didn't get to hog many.

Oldsmobile-88

Not sure what is happening this year at Xmas.My son who lives in Berlin always comes home,but who knows this year.

The usual ‘work do’ at the Sports bar where former employees like me are invited is cancelled.
A shame because it’s a free bar all evening,thanks to the generosity of the company.

I stay in on NYE & have done so for the past 20 years.

elginCity

Don’t forget NYD is also going to be Totally Independence Day - Farage gurning, Big Ben bongs, spitfire flypast and lots of flags. Something for us all to look forward to in the dark days ahead.

Last edited:

DB9

Don’t forget NYD is also going to be Totally Independence Day - Farage gurning, Big Ben bongs, spitfire flypast and lots of flags. Something for us all to look forward to in the dark days ahead.
You're not saying once 1st January comes it's going to be like 1940, Rationing, A speech from Churchill etc? 😉😀

Avening Posse

Apparently we are going to have a massive family picnic down the beach for Xmas, never done that before.......